Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 12:35 PM

Tina Turner - Proud Mary live

Galty's mention of the great Tina Turner reminded me of this brilliant version. I had forgotten how talented she was.

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 01:03 PM

Re: Tina Turner - Proud Mary live

Very talented LD and a fine pair of lungs on her plus a great set of pin's.
She is well older than me but by god I wish I had her high energy.
Years ago I remember them talking about her having blood transfusions to give that hype for running about on stage. I wonder if I wrote her she could tell me where to go for it..

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Very talented LD and a fine pair of lungs on her plus a great set of pin's.
She is well older than me but by god I wish I had her high energy.
Years ago I remember them talking about her having blood transfusions to give that hype for running about on stage. I wonder if I wrote her she could tell me where to go for it..

ha ha. that made me laugh Longfellow.

What a performer eh!
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 05:51 PM

Brilliant!

A year or two ago one of the dads at the school our grandsons go to in Zurich while standing waiting for his kids started chatting to this wee old lady out walking her dog. Afterwards one of the other dads said to him, Err...you do know who that was don't you?
Nope...
Tina Turner!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-02-2020, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Brilliant!

A year or two ago one of the dads at the school our grandsons go to in Zurich while standing waiting for his kids started chatting to this wee old lady out walking her dog. Afterwards one of the other dads said to him, Err...you do know who that was don't you?
Nope...
Tina Turner!
OOh yes, I suppose without the wig and make up.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:00 PM

Well she is 80 now yer know I guess those pins ain't so strong on those high heels as well these days.
She were a cracking act in her day though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-02-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Well she is 80 now yer know I guess those pins ain't so strong on those high heels as well these days.
She were a cracking act in her day though.
Wow! 80

She did have great legs though.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Galty's mention of the great Tina Turner reminded me of this brilliant version. I had forgotten how talented she was.

Great performance!
longfellow
Chatterbox

25-02-2020, 11:47 AM

I really cannot stand look at this thread anymore without any music on it so here goes lets see can we liven it up.
I always like it when there is plenty of sax in her songs.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-02-2020, 11:52 AM

Thanks for adding LF. She could certainly sing the slow songs as well as the punchy stuff. It's a shame but we hardly hear her songs any more. A true performer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top