Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 07:12 AM

Joggers

Never seen so many.
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 10:00 AM

Re: Joggers

Yes, according to rules it's one point for a jogger, two for every dog and wrangler, minus fifty for spotting lycra clad bicyclists. Essentially you have lost the game.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 11:00 AM

There are loads of joggers using the middle of our road, I suppose it’s ideal for them now there aren’t so many cars on the
roads.

The number of bicycles has also doubled.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Never seen so many.
Same in my neck of the woods.

Loads of them running down the middle of the road, vying with the mobility scooters who now seem to run at full throttle down the white line .. and on the outside lane, the pavement, and running neck and neck, we have the families out for a stroll strung out in a 30 foot long streamer with mum with the pushchair at the back, dad carrying a nipper on his shoulders and the youngest critter sprinting ahead on their scooter screaming out Tally ho (or something loud and obscure).

But still, winning by a comfortable lead ... the feisty energetic pooch allowed to run on a long leash.(until the poop scoop has to come out so everyone else falls at the last hurdle).

Who said the 2020 Grand National was never run.

Seriously, I've noticed since the end of last week there are more people dog walking, cycling, jogging, skateboarding now than was normal before lockdown. Never seen so many people.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There are loads of joggers using the middle of our road, I suppose it’s ideal for them now there aren’t so many cars on the
roads.

Mags, It’s the number of horse riders that have doubled here. I think they are taking advantage of the traffic free roads too.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mags, It’s the number of horse riders that have doubled here. I think they are taking advantage of the traffic free roads too.
Yes, as a Japanese Customs man told me, when I commented that he had a very big dog, back there when in Dry Dock in Nagasaki (1956), he said what with the shortage of food, etc., it was a good idea to get yourself a big dog, or a horse, etc., in case the famine struck again.

He was serious!

Maybe that's what we see happening here?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:08 PM

Don't blame them I'd be doing that too, if I still had horses to ride.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
roads.

Cyclists bother be. Not that I am against cycling - I used to cycle to work quite often. It's just that very few have a bell to warn you when they approach from behind virtually silently.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Cyclists bother be. Not that I am against cycling - I used to cycle to work quite often. It's just that very few have a bell to warn you when they approach from behind virtually silently.
Me too! Them and joggers sneak up behind you and pass two feet away!
The cyclists are dangerous, it only takes you to trip or your dog to whiff something across the road and it would be nasty !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:39 PM

Same here. I wish they would bag the poo up after them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top