Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:40 PM

Re: Joggers

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Yes, as a Japanese Customs man told me, when I commented that he had a very big dog, back there when in Dry Dock in Nagasaki (1956), he said what with the shortage of food, etc., it was a good idea to get yourself a big dog, or a horse, etc., in case the famine struck again.

He was serious!

Maybe that's what we see happening here?
Oh dear!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Cyclists bother be. Not that I am against cycling - I used to cycle to work quite often. It's just that very few have a bell to warn you when they approach from behind virtually silently.
Humans are just obstacles to cyclists, the same as cyclists are just obstacles to motorists.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Me too! Them and joggers sneak up behind you and pass two feet away!
The cyclists are dangerous, it only takes you to trip or your dog to whiff something across the road and it would be nasty !
If I see cyclists coming towards us I just hold Max by the collar. He is very good about that. Not much I can do about those who sneak up from behind. The dog can hear them but I can't.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Yes, as a Japanese Customs man told me, when I commented that he had a very big dog, back there when in Dry Dock in Nagasaki (1956), he said what with the shortage of food, etc., it was a good idea to get yourself a big dog, or a horse, etc., in case the famine struck again.

He was serious!

Maybe that's what we see happening here?
I spent eight months in Taiwan. Our next door neighbour had two very handsome chows. At Chinese new year he locked them in his garage........
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:47 PM

Yes, you'd better watch it. I'm an old bloke cyclist out to upset anyone I can. Seriously though, I haven't noticed an increase of joggers, horse riders or cyclists because I haven't been anywhere to see any since the lockdown.

I tried cycling but found it impossible to pass by people at a distance of two metres, what with walkers being on the footpaths and me being on the road possibly only a few feet away.

I think the only way to avoid droplet transmission is to stay at home away from everyone. No point in being the fittest person in the graveyard (or crematorium).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top