Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 02:59 PM

DIYers beware !

Hey peeps be extra careful out there when doing any diy. My niece is a consultant ortho surgeon at Oswestry, and she tells me visits to A and E have almost doubled since the lockdown because of diy accidents, particularly from falling off ladders and steps.

The NHS has quite enough to do at the moment, so do please take extra care when diy-ing...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:12 PM

Re: DIYers beware !

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Hey peeps be extra careful out there when doing any diy. My niece is a consultant ortho surgeon at Oswestry, and she tells me visits to A and E have almost doubled since the lockdown because of diy accidents, particularly from falling off ladders and steps.

The NHS has quite enough to do at the moment, so do please take extra care when diy-ing...
I built a set of shelves for the shed today - and survived to tell the tale...............
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I built a set of shelves for the shed today - and survived to tell the tale...............
Excellent. Tell us, what's the hospital food like?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:19 PM

Thanks,Barry.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Excellent. Tell us, what's the hospital food like?
Actually, the last time I was in hospital, it was very good.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

That's a good point Barry.

A couple of days ago no one had any water further up my road.
I don't know what happened exactly, but I heard from my post lady that the water engineer had blamed DIY'ers.
No idea what they had done though. I assume no one was injured.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 06:58 PM

Good advice, Barry.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:12 PM

Yes, Barry, it’s very good advice and it was exactly what crossed my mind as l stood on a chair to inspect the bulb in my fridge freezer.
Getting onto the chair was easy, getting off was a bit kamikaze as l had to sort of swing my legs out to reach the ground.

I won’t mention again that l did a flying trip over the old towel and curtains and nearly fell into the tray of paint. Then l lost my balance on the stool whilst painting.

Yes, l am certainly a disaster waiting to happen!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 11:14 PM

Years ago I fell off a stool while try to clean the top of a wardrobe. Fortunately I just had a few bruises but I didn't dare tell Mr Mags when he came home from work as I knew I would get a long lecture from him!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Years ago I fell off a stool while try to clean the top of a wardrobe. Fortunately I just had a few bruises but I didn't dare tell Mr Mags when he came home from work as I knew I would get a long lecture from him!
Having watched a few episodes of "4 in a bed", I was amazed that people are so obsessed with how clean the top of a wardrobe is.

Why? Who cares? After all, you wouldn't consider lifting floorboards to hoover the dirt between joists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top