Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 11:48 PM

Italian sausage subs

And now for something truly delicious. Especially fantastic
while watching your favorite sporting event.

An all-time favorite : The Italian sausage sub.

There are two basic ways of preparing this great sandwich: the classic, served with grilled onions and peppers, AND my favorite, served with melted/broiled mozzarella cheese.

You also have a choice of Hot Italian Sausage OR the so-called Sweet Italian Sausage. (which is not at all sweet)

Serve with your favorite Italian spaghetti sauce and a nice long roll. I prefer a semi-chewy roll. Less chewy than a baguette but much more chewy than a hamburger bun. Continued on post #2

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP2TJTCAHO.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	12296   Click image for larger version

Name:	italian_Sausage__85969.1459351341.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	12297  
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2020, 11:58 PM

Re: Italian sausage subs

Slice the COOKED Italian sausage down the middle. Use at least 2 halves/sandwich. I like more meat so I use 2 links (4 halves). Spread a generous amount of sauce on both sides of sliced roll, put sausage on one side of the roll and load up several slices of mozzarella. Run under a broiler until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately !

Name:	20150107-italian-american-meatballs-sandwich-vicky-wasik-8-thumb-625xauto-417637.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	12298   Click image for larger version

Name:	OIPF16JRKFK.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	12299  
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Run under a broiler until the cheese is melted

I think broiler must mean something different in Mexican?
bakerman
Mexico

19-04-2020, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by biffo ->

I think broiler must mean something different in Mexican?
The word BROILER is not Spanish. It is simply a device with the fire ABOVE the food.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 12:21 AM

Ah you mean a grill

In English a broiler is a tender young chicken!
bakerman
Mexico

19-04-2020, 12:28 AM

No. A grill is a flat metal surface with the fire BELOW the metal

A broiler has the fire ABOVE. (sometimes people call a grill with the fire BELOW, a broiler). I have spent my entire life as a chef in restaurants. I think I know what I'm talking about. See photos The home device photo can be used as a broiler and/or an oven. The home device has a setting "Broil" where the heat is ABOVE.

The UK has some strange ways of using the language. A broiler is a broiler is a broiler. Very different use of the language in America.

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	12300   Click image for larger version

Name:	81ViY4zCoSL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	12301  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 12:43 AM

Thing is Bakerman we speak English here !
Biffo is right
A grill is heat from above .
From below is a hotplate although here in the old U of K we prefer to use a frying pan .
A broiler is a young chicken and old one is a boiler .
The latter sometimes used as a derogatory expression by chauvinist pigs .( who aren’t pigs at all )

https://www.boredpanda.com/british-a...mpaign=organic

BTW had your fried rice recipe last week it was delish !
biffo
Norfolk UK

19-04-2020, 02:23 AM

I do like a good sausage

Mind you I'm not sure what an Italian one is like?

come on Bakerman
bakerman
Mexico

19-04-2020, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Anyway!...Italian sausages?..Lots of good ideas for that kind of nosh here; if anybody is interested. Thanks for the post BM. And Muddy, "My bad" is another annoying American figure of speech habit that we seem to have picked up here. Like how people are saying "SO" instead of "WELL" and "narrative" instead of story. A long winded Australian equivalent is probably.."SO..I have probably put my foot in it there but..it's out there now..what do you do?"..OK Biffo I get it. Peace brother..really. You point is taken. Now..sausages??

I love Italian sausage. It often goes in my spaghetti sauce and on my home-made pizza. Nothing better than a sausage/mushroom/pepperoni pizza. As a young man, when I lived in The French Quarter, in New Orleans, there was a pizza place on Bourbon Street called Rizzo's. OMG, the best pizza I've yet had. They got the pizza to the table so quickly that it was still bubbling. Burned the roof of my mouth. You know how youngsters are. Always starving.

Also, delicious when mushrooms are stuffed with Italian sausage, bread crumbs, egg, and garlic.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 07:16 AM

That sausage sandwich sounds tasty, Bakerman!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top