Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:01 PM

So many pages.

This forum is so popular. Too popular at times as when ever I go to answer a posting I have to read through about seven or more pages. A bit off putting.
Do others find it puts them off of answering posts?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:07 PM

Re: So many pages.

No Maursey, I love to see it and see what people have to say
Depends on the thread though
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:13 PM

Me too Patsy..and great to see some interesting topics being started in most sections. I do skip the infantile stuff which thankfully we don't get a lot of on here.

Maursey it does not put me off at all answering the topics I want to contribute too
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:18 PM

I always trawl through it all. Not every topic though.
I chose the ones I know I can give a answer hopefully
one that is interesting.
I miss a lot and come on after pages because I don't normally
come on at night time like a lot of people do. I am a
morning girl
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:24 PM

I love to read all the thread ... but, yes, some can be very lengthy and then I pop in my two penneth with an apology incase someone has already said the same thing before.

The main thing is to join in.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:25 PM

Yep a busy forum makes for wide awake members
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:33 PM

I rarely read any posting which has more than around ten lines, or is full of copy and paste stuff, and I skip the posts from members whom I have come to realise only post their bigoted nonsense at every opportunity.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:42 PM

Well I've been 'unplugged' for a week so have had a great time Today reading all the new threads/posts...but You're right Maursey,it is a bit more hurly burly than usual..but all to the good say I ;~)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 06:53 PM

I like it that way Maursey, everyone has more choice and you can select whatever interests you, everyone has their own interests on a forum, I for example am not the slightest bit interested in politics and avoid the political threads, I know nothing about gardening either and don’t go there, unless the wife asks me to ask some of the gardeners there for a bit of advice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
This forum is so popular. Too popular at times as when ever I go to answer a posting I have to read through about seven or more pages. A bit off putting.
Do others find it puts them off of answering posts?
Read faster be more selective in your choice of threads Maursey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top