Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 07:08 PM

Re: So many pages.

I think that many of us "late arrivals" find it a very good site Maursey, but if you find that reading through is a "long haul", I am sure nobody would be offended if you missed out a few posts!
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Read faster be more selective in your choice of threads Maursey
I can read at a page a minute on paper but I have to read slower on the screen so it does take longer.

That said if you are "with" the therad from the start it isn't so daunting as you read it as it goes.

I do avoid threads that have about 25 pages because I don't want to post unless I know all the information and reading 25 pages would take me about half an hour!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:29 PM

I just go to the sections that interest me, don't have time to read every thread in every section.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I just go to the sections that interest me, don't have time to read every thread in every section.

Same here, Roxy.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 11:13 PM

I haven't ever been on many of the sections, there's too many for me too read.
That is not a criticism. This is a marvellous & trouble free site.

A big thankyou to Azz. Meg. Mags for their tireless mentoring
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 11:31 PM

I love the variety of topics on here,I try to read most of them but I only reply on a few that interest me and if I feel I have something to say..my favourite topics are the food ones and the video ones and I enjoy reading the political ones but dont feel intelligent enough to comment on those lol
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 12:01 AM

I like a good read, but yes Maursey your right they are some long threads, and if your going to join in you have to get the jist and story of what people are talking about, otherwise your doomed!!

I like light hearted Topics, and ones i can relate to..
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I like a good read, but yes Maursey your right they are some long threads, and if your going to join in you have to get the jist and story of what people are talking about, otherwise your doomed!!

I like light hearted Topics, and ones i can relate to..
Sue. I am exactly the same. If there is a topic that I want to reply I am so pleased when there are only about three pages because one has to read it all just in case you repeat what has been written, so when there are about eight pages I just don't bother.
Having said that. I love this forum for all of the postings. So many forums I left because only one or two posted.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I love the variety of topics on here,I try to read most of them but I only reply on a few that interest me and if I feel I have something to say..my favourite topics are the food ones and the video ones and I enjoy reading the political ones but dont feel intelligent enough to comment on those lol
Don't be daft Aysa, you don't need to be intelligent to post on those! You just need to like a good argument and be strong enough to ignore all the sarcastic little comments. I should know I post on them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top