Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:14 AM

Re: 5 things you would not know about me.

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
By the time I was three I had moved many times even "Beyond the Blue Horizon", Hove, Maidstone, Scarborough , Durban, Cape Town and a long spell in Mauritius.

On returning to England life changed a lot for me , the excitement of bombs dropping and shrapnel sliding down the slate roof tops, this I thought was "Wonderful !! Wonderful !!"

Still then we moved again as I entered my teens, a more rural area and there I grew up and developed a passion for cricket and girls. Cricket was easy as the rest of the locals were useless, the girls were harder. So I developed "A Certain Smile" the results of which at first are now a little "Misty" but life did change "But its Not For Me To Say" .

Still the new life was great apart from the odd call to say "Remember when we made those Memories" , who me? Followed by "When a Child is Born", which was nothing to do with me, I quoted the "Twelfth Amendment " or was it the "Twelfth of Never" .
Very clever Duke....loved it. Not sure how many others will appreciate it...but I well and truly did. X
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:22 AM

Lovely topic

1. When I was 2 years 9 months I remember being taken out
of my cot and put in a bed so my younger sister could have the cot.
I remember screaming and wanting to climb back into my cot.
It was November and I remember being so cold and insecure.

2. I remember when I went to see The Beatles when I was 16.
I held John Lennons foot during the show as he was on a stage
just above my head. John kept on laughing at me and didn't try
and take his foot away.

3. Left school with a 25yards Breaststroke Swimming Certificate.
Did go to college at 42 years and got 1 A level and 3 GCSE's.
This helped me get a good job after the kids were grown.

4. Always loved animals too. At one point I had 18 which included
cats, fish, guinea pigs, rabbits and the odd stray cat. My work
mates said if they came back as an animal they would want to be
one of my pets because I looked after them so well.

5. Been on quite a few quiz programmes on TV Love quizzes
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:30 AM

1. The first language I learned was Maltese.

2. I fell in a fire @ 3 years old and almost lost my right hand.

3. The first time I ever heard a particular hymn in a North London Secondary-Modern I apparently sang the German anthem - in German, despite not ever knowing the language.

4. I am still on record as the 1st accident involving Concorde - I fell of the starboard wing in 1973.

5. In 1980 I was in El Asnam, with others, trying to help thousands of earthquake victims - saddest thing I've ever seen. stevmk2
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:31 AM

1--falling down a well at 4yrs old' about 20ft playing on=a camp site with brother ..
to many other things to put down ...........
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:33 AM

Nothing remarkable about me - certainly not 5 things that would be of any interest. So, here are 5 boring things...
1. I met my wife 46 years ago on a 'blind date'.
2. I used to be a keen motorcyclist (in the days when Britian had a motorcycle industry).
3. I played bass guitar in an R&B band.
4. I was in the Royal Observer Corps during the 'cold war' period. We had an underground shelter and equipment for monitoring radiation.
5. I did a BSc in engineering at Queens University Belfast. I grew to hate the place and never go back.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Nothing remarkable about me - certainly not 5 things that would be of any interest. So, here are 5 boring things...
1. I met my wife 46 years ago on a 'blind date'.
2. I used to be a keen motorcyclist (in the days when Britian had a motorcycle industry).
3. I played bass guitar in an R&B band.
4. I was in the Royal Observer Corps during the 'cold war' period. We had an underground shelter and equipment for monitoring radiation.
5. I did a BSc in engineering at Queens University Belfast. I grew to hate the place and never go back.
The question was 5 things about you--not neccesarily 5 interesting things--looking at some of the exciting lists, makes mine look perfectly uninspiring--i thought your list was pretty interesting--and different !!
mariana
Kent. Uk.

11-12-2015, 02:23 PM

5. Been on quite a few quiz programmes on TV Love quizzes

I need to know what quizzes---I love watching them on Tv---and take part in a few local ones--but Im sure if i was on tv, i would lose my memory !!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 03:52 PM

Passed my cbt motorbike test at 62 rode for two years . Hidden beneath leather and crash helmet I would get acknowledged by other male bikers , I would nod back and laughed as we crossed paths cause they may have thought me a young good looking biker chick !!!

I love going to college and taking leisure courses , recently done Indian Head massage , Thai foot massage , and about to do a full body massage course .

Play really loud music while driving my car

Lick my plate after a delicious meal whilst alone at home

I love reality TV programmes on telly like I'm a celebrity and big brother and have recently applied to take part in first dates
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Passed my cbt motorbike test at 62 rode for two years . Hidden beneath leather and crash helmet I would get acknowledged by other male bikers , I would nod back and laughed as we crossed paths cause they may have thought me a young good looking biker chick !!!

I love going to college and taking leisure courses , recently done Indian Head massage , Thai foot massage , and about to do a full body massage course .

Play really loud music while driving my car

Lick my plate after a delicious meal whilst alone at home

I love reality TV programmes on telly like I'm a celebrity and big brother and have recently applied to take part in first dates

Had to laugh at that bit susan because I do that too. (not in public though, promise).

You little rascal. You're brave if you've applied for 'First dates.' I'd never dare do that.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 05:10 PM

1....Won £150 for one of my stories that won in a competition for The People Magazine and have won money at some of my work places with some of my ideas to make the work easier

2... Had a mastectomy about 20 years ago.

3....Have a twin sister.

4...Left my home town London to get married and live in the sticks when I was 18. Still miss the hustle and bustle.

5....On October 20th this year I went with some of my family to Sharm El Sheik and was having a fantastic holiday but had to have it cut short because of the bomb scare.
At first we thought we would have to stay longer but because I didn't take enough of my medication to last me longer than our expected stay, we were treated as priority and had to leave three days earlier than planned.
Gosh such a worry and such a shambles at the airport. Came home on a Triton instead of an Easy Jet plane. Gosh everyone cheered and clapped when we landed. It was quite emotional.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top