Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 08:53 PM

Re: Why leave it till Christmas time.

Dare I suggest that he may have had other plans for Christmas! If you know what I mean!
He may have believed he had reason for leaving his wife, but how could he destroy his children's Christmas like this? It could spoil their Christmases for the next few years!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Seems to me to be a callous and selfish act
Should have waited a couple of weeks
My thoughts exactly, you pipped me to the post.
So sad for all concerned .
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 09:01 PM

There is never a good time, that's for sure.
But he should've considered what it would do to his little girls over Christmas.
My heart aches for them.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 09:27 PM

That's just disgusting Maureen.

A couple of times Jim and I were fighting like cat and dog (I can almost guarantee it was worse than most marital disputes these days) but we STILL managed to sit down at either end of the table for Christmas and our fighting (verbal and physical) was done away from the children's eyes and ears.

There is only one word for a man like you described - SELFISH.

Well, there are more, but I don't want to swear!
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Dare I suggest that he may have had other plans for Christmas! If you know what I mean!
He may have believed he had reason for leaving his wife, but how could he destroy his children's Christmas like this? It could spoil their Christmases for the next few years!
like twink said perhaps he had other plans, I experienced something like this on millennium night, what a selfish man to do that to his children at Christmas.I feel for your niece and her family rotten sod to spoil his Children s Christmas what ever the reason.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If those children have any sense they will not want anything to do with him for the rest of their childhood.

I wonder if he would like it should one of his daughters grow up and the same happened to her?
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 02:40 AM

Thank you all so very much for your kind and thoughtful words

Of course I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship but I said to my niece. "Is he worth bothering about if he can hurt his children so much at a time like this."

I too think there is someone involved being as his wife had no idea what he had been planning.
My poor twin sister is of course also going through the pain seeing her little grandchildren so distraught as she lives next door to them.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
Thank you all so very much for your kind and thoughtful words

Of course I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship but I said to my niece. "Is he worth bothering about if he can hurt his children so much at a time like this."

I too think there is someone involved being as his wife had no idea what he had been planning.
My poor twin sister is of course also going through the pain seeing her little grandchildren so distraught as she lives next door to them.
The only good thought is they will recover, in time! All you and the family can do is be there for your niece and her children when they need you, especially over Christmas.
One comforting thought is that the children will probably get revenge on their father in years to come! Will he be invited to their weddings, college graduations and other similar events? Will he ever spend time with his grandchildren? He will suffer because the odds are stacked against him having a successful relationship with another lady..... more second marriages fail that first ones so he may just end up being a lonely old man. I wonder if his children will then afford him the same kind of care that he is now showing to them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 09:31 AM

Terrible time to do this, man obviously not putting his children first, what adults do to each other should never impact on he children negatively IMO

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top