Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

19-09-2013, 05:26 AM

NSW graffiti laws to also outlaw hopscotch squares

Political correctness gone mad in NSW Australia,i remember the girls in our street in Liverpool as a kid playing hopscotch,chalking all over the place,but graffiti!

Young hopscotch aficionados could become unwitting criminals under proposed new anti-graffiti laws in New South Wales.

The new legislation, which has been introduced to the NSW Parliament, makes it an offence to intentionally mark any premises or other property without the permission of the owner.

Greens MP David Shoebridge says there is no requirement in the legislation for a mark to be permanent or difficult to remove.

He says that means it will technically outlaw things like chalk hopscotch squares or handball courts drawn on footpaths or bitumen.

"Unless the kids get the consent of the local council they're committing an offence," Mr Shoebridge said.

"This Government is going to be putting on the statute books laws that make it an offence not just for kids to chalk a hopscotch court on the footpath, but for Mr Stace to have chalked "Eternity" or for a street artist to put a rainbow crossing on the road.

"This will now all become criminal activity. If children get caught by police they'll be facing a $440 fine. Now that's just nonsense."
What do you think of the legislation? Have your say below.

Attorney-General Greg Smith has downplayed the impact of the new legislation, while apparently acknowledging that drawing in chalk will technically be an offence.

He says police always have discretion about whether to lay charges, and he considers it unlikely they would charge children for chalking up hopscotch squares.

Billy
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 07:38 AM

Re: NSW graffiti laws to also outlaw hopscotch squares

Sounds about rite lad. Yes its amazing how they still let us breathe air. They might put a tax on that too.
I loved playing hopscotch when a child and even do it now with my Grandkids. A harmless past time. Do they allow people to have drugs
in NSW???
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 07:42 AM

Seems that the "Writings on the Wall" for Hopscotch over there Billy.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 09:15 AM

Somerset ban
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 09:17 AM

John.
ch11 v35
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Seems that the "Writings on the Wall" for Hopscotch over there Billy.

Daniel
ch 5 v 25-26
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
John. ch11 v35
Indeed and so do I. There will come a time when I know I shall be glad to shuffle off this stupid planet. Not yet you understand for there are still a few things that I understand but the rest of it pure horse s**t
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Indeed and so do I. There will come a time when I know I shall be glad to shuffle off this stupid planet. Not yet you understand for there are still a few things that I understand but the rest of it pure horse s**t
1 corinthians ch13 v12....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2013, 09:28 AM

Sorry Bill.......off topic once more.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 09:36 AM

Who are John, Daniel and Corinthian, pavement artists?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top