Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 06:33 PM

supermarkets

I was shopping in asda today there was one of those displays in the middle of the isle and next to it were 2 customers and 2 asda workers standing chatting,,,,i couldn't get past them with my trolley and said excuse me please....one of the customers looked round and moved a couple of inches....i had to move the display so that i could get past....the isles are narrow enough without sitting a display in the middle....what annoys you about supermarkets?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 06:36 PM

Re: supermarkets

That ! And checkout time, while you are still unloading yer stuff, they are shovelling the bits down the other end. Then she sits there while I'm packing, telling me how much I owe ! Why not just wait, till I've unloaded, then start pushing the items down .... Ggrrr !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 07:55 PM

Both those things annoy me AND people behind you who start unloading before you have, leaving a tiny space for the rest of your groceries AND those stupid trolley things they block the aisle with when they use those bleeping things AND things I need that are on the top shelf, can't reach up with me costochondritis AND things that aren't priced AND when they put special offer labels over the price on the shelf, you try to lift them up & both label ping off! Conclusion - order on-line.....or find a tall man
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 09:19 PM

I make the checkout staff wait while I finish packing, even if they ask for my Nectar card! I even answer the self checkout back, when they ask 'have you swiped your Nectar card?', 'please remove your change', please remove your items', 'assistance needed.' I shout and say, yes when I'm ready! Just shut it!!!'

What else do I dislike? Favourite food and drink being discontinued.

Finding the aisles have been changed around, so things are not in the place you think.

Finding a seemingly abandoned trolley and having to negotiate around it.

Someone standing right where I want to go.

Finding a quiet place to stand to; check shopping list, to use calculator to do a sub total of shopping, to make a relevant phone call...and someone turns up who wants where I am standing, as if it's the place to be!

Finding prices have crept up since last week (insert where applicable).

Labels covering an important part of the package, like ingredients, or nutritional information.

Being asked if I want any mobile top up today. (That's you, Wilko.)

Puddles of water on the floor from the freezer and fridge cabinets. (Morrisons are getting bad for that.)

Empty vegetable boxes.

Rough looking vegetables, with not a good one in sight.

Finding a store has been completely redesigned and wondering if I will get to like it.

Despite all the above, I still enjoy wandering about supermarkets.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 07:56 AM

So "Trollied" wasn't fiction but a documentary???
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 08:13 AM

I loathe all supermarkets. They are noisy, smelly, crowded, badly designed and illogically set out. I use them only for heavy stuff - cat food/litter, tinned stuff, washing powder etc., Would never buy fresh food in one.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 10:44 AM

I hate top shelf goods too as I'm only small, I always have to wait there until I spy someone tall coming along because there is rarely an assistant to be found when you need one.
I too, get frustrated with those big wire crates full of things, stuck all over the place, and they're always in front of something I'm trying to get to.
Also, why do supermarkets have to keep changing the aisles around? Just when you think you can zip in and out quickly, everything you wanted has disappeared, and again, assistants are few and far between or else they say "I'm with another customer at the moment" - and you never see them again!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 10:49 AM

Everything posted here is true ! Hate shopping
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Freezers that aren't stocked up, managed to fall in one a couple of years ago and can laugh about it now but I did hurt myself. Could have been avoided if they had topped it up so I didn't have to reach tot he bottom.

Also high shelves, I don't even attempt it now I just seek a member of staff and moan about them putting stuff too high.

No problem with checkouts I use self scan in sainsburys so it's easy unless they need to do a rescan and then they always bring someone over to help. So no complaints there.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 11:32 AM

I adore supermarkets and could easily live in our local Tesco.
OK so they move the aisles around now and then and the home shopping trollies block your path now and then, but comparing it back to the good old days when you went to the market for your veg, then the butchers, then the bakers etc. and then the bottom fell out of the paper carrier bags that you were hauling back to the bus stop (which always seemed to be at the top of the hill), then the supermarkets are the best thing that's happened to shopping ever...
I love 'em...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top