Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 09:13 AM

Re: supermarkets

The other thing that worries me is that a lot of University students work in these places over the holidays to earn some money to carry them through the year.

If there are no jobs to be had during these times then it's going to be very tough for them.

So if you use the self scanners you are putting someone out of a job and probably some who work short hours because of children will also be disadvantaged.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
The irony here is that at our local Tesco they have about four of these do it yourself scanners, but at the same time there are two operatives 'loitering' in the area on hand to assist if necessary. And believe me it is frequently 'necessary'. And one can of times hear loud muttering of phrases such as "I have scanned the item", or "it is in the bagging area" etc.

If I have only got a couple of things to scan I sometimes go the self scanning bits, but if there is alot of background noise in the store, like music or announcements or kids screaming, etc, I can't hear what the wretched machine is telling me.
Something else that annoys me in supermarkets, is people with a lorry load of goods trying to push through the quickie 'baskets only' till.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I even answer the self checkout back, when they ask 'have you swiped your Nectar card?', 'please remove your change', please remove your items', 'assistance needed.' I shout and say, yes when I'm ready! Just shut it!!!'

That made me laugh Jazzi, as it happens I won't use those automated checkouts because I just know that there will be a problem with at least one bar code in my trolley, and if you have to call for assistance what's the point I'm never in a hurry these days and I go up and down the row of checkouts until I see one with what I judge to be a human operating it and I que there even if there are other che4ckouts with shorter (or no) ques.

It is worth far more to me to be able to speak to a human and get a smile than it is to get some pre-recorded message telling me what to do
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 05:00 PM

I believe the self service checkouts were built for people like my husband, he loves them and annoys the heck out of me by using them as much as possible. So people with aspergers who don't want to talk to anyone seem to be the target audience LOL
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 12:45 PM

I was dreading going to my local one this morning. No Parking left, busy isles and huge lines at the till.
But I sailed straight in near the door, quickly got round the store and only one in front of me at the till....almost through. Excellent.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 04:01 PM

I very often end up shouting back at the automatic check outs.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I very often end up shouting back at the automatic check outs.
See? I'm right, aren't I?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Something else that annoys me in supermarkets, is people with a lorry load of goods trying to push through the quickie 'baskets only' till.
One of our chashiers made me laugh today when someone with a trolley load was trying to go through the baskets only aisle, she said: if you can hang that from your arm with nothing falling out I'll serve you otherwise, move to another till
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2013, 12:11 AM

Brilliant BV, I only wish other check out operators would do the same.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
One of our chashiers made me laugh today when someone with a trolley load was trying to go through the baskets only aisle, she said: if you can hang that from your arm with nothing falling out I'll serve you otherwise, move to another till

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top