Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 09:37 AM

Re: Nelson Mandela

Those wonderful eyes say it all ... The joy he gave to so many means he will never be forgotten - RIP Nelson - a shining example of a 'man'
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 11:39 AM

RIP Madiba. May his example be one that is followed by his fellow countrymen. Sad that he is gone, but relieved that they are no longer prolonging his inevitable demise.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
So...the old terrorist is dead !!!!
Terrorist, Tomcat? I don't know much about the man but I thought he was a peacemaker.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Terrorist, Tomcat? I don't know much about the man but I thought he was a peacemaker.
Don't give the troll oxygen. Just ignore him.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 12:40 PM

There's always one!!!!!!!

He was a truly unique man, loved and revered worldwide. Who else would/could receive such wonderful and meaningful tributes as this great person?

Your suffering is over, Madiba but your legacy will live on.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Don't give the troll oxygen. Just ignore him.
Exactly .....
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
He and his wife were head of an organisation that amongst other killings , put tyres around people and set them on fire..Winnie his wife was involved with the murder of a young boy ..suggest people on here do a little research into his past ,
but this is not a discussion thread so will make no other comments
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 02:08 PM

I don't anyone can say he wasn't a terrorist when he was young, the difference is and why we mourn his going is his great change of heart and how he managed to forgive those who had treated him badly.

A man who learned to change and through his change managed to change others for the better too. Someone who learns in life is always to be mourned and missed.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
He and his wife were head of an organisation that amongst other killings , put tyres around people and set them on fire..Winnie his wife was involved with the murder of a young boy ..suggest people on here do a little research into his past ,
but this is not a discussion thread so will make no other comments
Winnie - his ex wife was not in the same league as Nelson at all. If you had such hardships, you - I am sure, would retaliate.
Its the 'fact' he changed his view, even through those extremely hard times, to go about things in the peaceful way to gain the change needed ......
Didn't work for the Native Americans, but worked for Nelson...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Winnie - his ex wife was not in the same league as Nelson at all. If you had such hardships, you - I am sure, would retaliate.
Its the 'fact' he changed his view, even through those extremely hard times, to go about things in the peaceful way to gain the change needed ......
Didn't work for the Native Americans, but worked for Nelson...
I agree patsy but it does him a disservice to not remember how much he changed in him self. And wiping out his early behaviour seems to do that IMO.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top