Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Re: More troubles!

Oh dear Mups poor chap that must be very painful.
I hope he makes a speedy recovery...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 10:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your Son Mups, how easy these things can happen, God never opens one door but he closes another, it works both ways I think.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 11:01 AM

Oh dear. Christmas has its dangers...

Hope the morphine kept him comfortable overnight and all goes well for him today.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Hope everything goes well mups, sending you best wishes
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Gawd. I bet that sure hurt...ouch.

You know Xmas for some ain't all it is cracked up to be.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Sorry to hear that Mups - I hope his surgery goes well and he is able to enjoy Christmas without too much discomfort.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 06:10 PM

I can quite categorically state that a broken (fractured) elbow can be sodding painful! (So can broken bones in the hand.)

When I did mine many years ago the worst part was when they aspirated the blood from the joint. Crying my eyes out I was.

So sorry to hear of his accident. I won't wish him a speedy recovery because it will take as long as it takes - 6-8 weeks. But I do wish him well and know what he's going through.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 07:17 PM

Oh gosh, poor chap! Hope he gets better soon!
oaklands
New Member!
Isle of Wight
oaklands is female 

10-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There I was, minding my own business and shuffling round Asda, when my mobile rang. I almost didn't answer it because I've been getting a bit fed up with people demanding my time of late, but luckily I did because it was my son. He phoned to tell me not to panic, but he was in hospital! Apparently he'd been putting up some christmas decorations and fell off his ladder, smashing his elbow to bits. They had to give him morphine because the pain was so bad, and they are operating in the morning.
Oh dear, we'll see what tomorrow brings. . . . . .
I do hope that your son got his elbow repaired ok. When I fractured mine some years ago when living in Lincolnshire I was told nothing could be done. Fortunately when I moved to the IOW, a consultant at this Hospital said he could give me a replacement one which was a great success.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 12:04 AM

Well as usual, you've all been very kind - thankyou everyone.
My eyes are not good night driving, so I drove to the hospital this afternoon. He said they had decided not to operate as they wanted to do a cat scan first, but at the time of my visit, they had not got the results through.
I wanted to try and get back home before it was too dark, but I'd got about halfway home when my son rang me to say the Doc's had changed their minds, and he could now go home. So I had find somewhere to turn round and head all the way back to the flippin' hospital again!
When I eventually found parking and got back in, he was already waiting in the foyer so I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone or find out what was to happen next, as I couldn't for the life of me understand why they had taken all the thick protective padding off and sent him home with just a sling and a load of painkillers. I was going to go back to the ward and ask about the scan, but he just wanted to get home, so we left. I asked if him if he was sure it was difinitely broken and he said they told him it was, but they wanted to see how it mended on its own, and would check him again in 2 weeks.
Have you ever heard anything like that before? I admit I know nothing about breaks, but it sounds crazy to me to just leave it and see. I don't know how he's going to manage.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top