Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 03:35 PM

Re: Cash machines..............

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If they are empty they say on the screen no money available, if they have no £5 notes the screen tells you before you ask for your money.

I rarely use them for anything other than checking a balance they never feel very safe to me.
If you just check your balance you have to put your details in, and if the machine has been tampered with they will get your card details.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
If you just check your balance you have to put your details in, and if the machine has been tampered with they will get your card details.
I'll stop doing that then
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 03:56 PM

When I use an ATM I always inspect it first.

http://www.money.co.uk/article/10063...know-about.htm
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 07:02 PM

I presume that the cash machine had run out of cash when the poor chap who was in front of me in the shop (to complain of the same treatment I had).

When we left the shop, we both stood and watched another person putting in his card, but this time, it told him that it was out of use, so he got away lightly.

I must admit, I don't usually ask for a receipt - lesson to be learned for the future!

However, we were both given the reference number of the machine and on the form I had to fill in from the bank, I had to state the time the incident occurred. As I think I've already mentioned, my bank statement (on line) clearly shows the transaction as a debit.

I await developments.............

Gwyn
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 08:31 PM

I dont use them for the same reason i dont use unmanned supermarket checkouts, i prefer to be dealt with by a person rather than a machine, I have a recurring dream where i use an ATM machine, it swallows my card and refuses to give it back so i start to kick it and it vomits all over my new suit.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top