Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 03:13 PM

Fork Truck course

Well I have finished my Fork Truck course...yesterday we done the theory side of it ..IE health and safety operating procedures ect...and TODAY FRIDAY 13TH I had the practical driving test ...A 30 minute driving test through a course carrying pallets and hoisting them in racking etc .....Yesterday I passed the theory with a 100% score...pleased about that ......Today I got 9 points with a pass/fail line of 40 points so I was well below it so i was just a little disappointed...the annoying thing is i know what i done wrong ......however .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................. The scoring system works backward ...you start with Zero...then for each mistake you ACCUMULATE points ...That means in the whole exam I ONLY made 3 minor errors and PASSED .... I am already booked in for the next course In January which is for a different type of Fork truck, sio if i pass that as well That will open another door .... ...
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 03:26 PM

Re: Fork Truck course

well done uk...and the best of luck for your next course....doesn't that make you feel good having gained a pass mark
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 03:27 PM

Oh well done really happy for you and hope it gets a foot in the door for you too !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 04:21 PM

YAY ..... So pleased for you - next year will be great !
Well done Steve
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 04:59 PM

I was a fork truck instructor in the late 1970s and it always gave me great satisfaction when a pupil I had trained completed his course and passed his test. Mind you we never had all the health and safety rubbish to deal with in those days.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 05:02 PM

That's brilliant Steve, you had me going there for a minute about you failing
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 05:07 PM

Well done Steve.............you are showing your mettle !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 06:17 PM

Well done Steve, an early Christmas present for you!
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
I was a fork truck instructor in the late 1970s and it always gave me great satisfaction when a pupil I had trained completed his course and passed his test. Mind you we never had all the health and safety rubbish to deal with in those days.
H&E tell me about ...i used to drive FLT'S in the 70's and 80's jump on and off you go ...not anymore its a 3 point mount and dismount ..you cant use the hydraulics unless the handbrake is on ,,, so you cant be going up whilst moving ....My Neighbour is a retired driver from the docks ...he said they got paid by the amount of goods they loaded or unloaded ,,,H&E went out of the window ...
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 08:46 PM

I know exactly what you mean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top