Join for free
Page 5 of 26 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 04:12 PM

Re: Additions and changes to our Mod team

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The problem IMO with asking for volunteers not many people who would be best at the job have the ego to actually say me me. I think we need to suggest and see who on the list actually wants to go forward.
Good idea Julie.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 04:21 PM

The mods see a lot...they have to deal with the dross and the good stuff, they see all the posters at their best and worst, maybe they should pick and produce a short list and those people invited to apply?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:05 PM

Did the last two times extra mods were asked for not generate enough volunteers. ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups Azz's post says..

It is asking for people to put themselves forward ...

That's what I meant Meg, just didn't phrase it very well, sorry.
That's why I said about the " it's who volunteers that counts."
It's no good us nominating someone who doesn't even want the job.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The problem IMO with asking for volunteers not many people who would be best at the job have the ego to actually say me me. I think we need to suggest and see who on the list actually wants to go forward.

I don't think that would work Julie as I tried to explain before.

Thing is, what happens if nobody at all wants the job in the end? What will happen then?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Did the last two times extra mods were asked for not generate enough volunteers. ?
I don't recall there ever being any volunteers over the last couple of years Nom,but the Forum Membership has grown since then..We'll just have to wait and see if There are any Saints among Them
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I don't recall there ever being any volunteers over the last couple of years Nom,but the Forum Membership has grown since then..We'll just have to wait and see if There are any Saints among Them
May ... Azz has twice put forward a suggestion regarding additional moderators within the last year or so ... the idea seemed to disappear into the ether ??????
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
May ... Azz has twice put forward a suggestion regarding additional moderators within the last year or so ... the idea seemed to disappear into the ether ??????
Och I'm not surprised Myrtle,I can't see Anyone wanting to be tied to The Site every day,it's a thankless task,... but I'll support any brave soul who puts Their Name forward...You'd be perfect if You would just stop Your gallivanting around the Country so often on holiday
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:43 PM

In any situation like this, one rarely gets the best person for the job.
You get the person who puts their hand up.

I'm a bit surprised that a mere "supervisor" apparently ranks above a 'GLOBAL Moderator'.
Perhaps they are to be UNIVERSAL or GALACTIC 'supervisors' .... ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:43 PM

It would give you something to do on the coach Myrtle!

Page 5 of 26 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top