Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 07:50 AM

Re: Where do you stand on this?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That don't help anyone on the receiving end.
Probably best if you go back to bed!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 07:55 AM

No way, I'm warmed up now.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 08:05 AM

No way, I'm warmed up now.
Uh Oh!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Maybe he fell asleep at the wheel...who knows

JBR I knew your comment on BMW drivers wasn't serious but not everyone gets Yorkshire humour
Thanks. I think that some people just like an argument!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks. I think that some people just like an argument!
Yorkshire humour is nothing to laugh about.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yorkshire humour is nothing to laugh about.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 10:37 AM

It's always an amazement, the amount of traffic on the road, each vehicle with a driver, in any state of consciousness, how, there is not more carnage than there is, it's difficult to assess was is avoidable.
I lied. I'm back!..Boy your cops must be lenient. Here if you get busted drink driving with a BAC anything over .05 you are nicked. If it's low range, you have to pay a fine, attend a safe driving course and sometimes lose your licence. If you re-offend you do a 16 week community service order course regardless of the range and you get a criminal record. If you persist, you get a custodial sentence. Same with illicit drugs. I never saw a random breath testing unit once in the 7 months I lived in London. Here they are everywhere all the time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 11:56 AM

In JB's defence, BMW's do seem to have attracted some kind of reputation. They are the desired car for many young drivers, but due to their inexperience they sometimes have difficulty controlling such a powerful vehicle.

Considering the high torque generated through the rear wheels, just one unintended squeeze of the accelerator is enough to send the car spinning off the road and out of control. This can be observed especially in winter with frozen road surfaces. I have spent most of my later life earning a living on the road and have lost count of the times I have passed BMW's and Mercs arse up in the ditch with some pimply face driver wondering where it all went wrong.....

In South Yorkshire alone there have been several fatal accidents involving young people and BMW's, only last year the young occupants were all killed outright when one left the road and demolished a house.
In a 40mph zone as well....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I have spent most of my later life earning a living on the road and have lost count of the times I have passed BMW's and Mercs arse up in the ditch with some pimply face driver wondering where it all went wrong.....

That is the real problem, though, isn't it? Pimply-faced drivers!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
In JB's defence, BMW's do seem to have attracted some kind of reputation. They are the desired car for many young drivers, but due to their inexperience they sometimes have difficulty controlling such a powerful vehicle.
In order to reduce the road toll NSW banned learners and young P platers from driving V8s and sports vehicles. I can't remember the exact legislation but is used to be a rite of passage for a 17 year old boy who had just passed his driving test to go out and buy an old 6 litre V8 Holden/Ford banger.

BMWs are just expensive toy cars, Subaru WRXs are the hoons car of choice these days.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top