Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Re: Stuart Hall sentence

Argue the points among yourselves - turns my stomach to read them, sympathy for the celebs - very little for victimes here .....
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 02:43 PM

Genuine victims deserve genuine recompense Pats, nobody's denying that but I think that quite a few people feel that what we now refer to as sex abuse, such as a quick feel or even a grope wasn't classed as assault then by the victim or the alleged abuser and if someone's life was really 'shattered' then they've had ample resources and opportunity to come forward before now., I understand and respect your opinion so hopefully we'll agree to disagree on this subject,
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Mick - you dont recall being traumatised, maybe because he didn't grab you... you and your mates sorted him out - good for you - So .....?
Are you suggesting the police are now too emotional and 'not' looking at the cases 'calmly' .....
There have been many mistakes and mis-handling by the police, why assume all following cases follow the same lines. Each case taken on its own credability surely...

No I think the public are being too emotional and the police are being adversely affected by the atmosphere of moral panic surrounding these issues currently.
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

18-06-2013, 03:20 PM

I think that was very well put Mick.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=mothballs;295451]
I don't really want to be too controversial here. In all fairness back and forth serious discussion isn't a big feature of this site. So I'll abstain.

QUOTE]
Damned with faint praise eh?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 10:26 PM

I see in your profile, Mothball. You are a self confessed Luddite.
'Nough said.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2013, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
'Nough said.
Having not viewed Mothballs profile, I fail to see a connection to the thread, there is a strong possibility I am missing something.
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

18-06-2013, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
'Nough said.
I don't understand your meaning mesco.
Please explain.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2013, 05:18 AM

Why has a member's profile been introduced to the topic? what if she were a self confessed genius, would it matter?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Argue the points among yourselves - turns my stomach to read them, sympathy for the celebs - very little for victimes here .....
Turns mine too Pats. No one knows what has actually happened to the ones who have come forward to speak up after all these years, and yet people are speculating about their reasons for doing it. It seems some are quick to judge the victims and brand them as gold diggers when they have no clue what has happened. I have done with this thread too, makes me feel ill.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top