Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 11:02 AM

My Garden

I am still doing my garden as i only got here 12 months ago but i have done a great deal in that time including moving a smelly 5 foot deep pond over to the right of my photo what you cant see ..I am going to put a fence panel in front of the greenhouse next to hide it..I have planted a lot of things and hopefully next year they will start to spread and grow..I made a walled herb garden out of the bricks i removed from the pond..it doesnt look great at the moment but will all spring back next year.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Re: My Garden

Your garden is looking lovely after all your hard work, Mary
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 01:17 PM

It sure is looking good It is hard work at first, but when you see the end results, it's worth it

I would be interested to know about the astro turf - is it very expensive? Seriously considering doing something to ours, we only have a small area of grass anyway.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 02:21 PM

Is that astro turf in your photo, Mary?
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 03:18 PM

The astro turf is well worth having as i have no dog toilet stains and all my husband does is sweep it once a week to remove bits or leaves .one good thing about it is it never gets wet as the rain just drains through it so i do not get muddy feet either..Before i lived at a old house with a large garden and my last dog was no trouble in the garden but as my garden here leads into the conservatory then into the kitchen and house i find this astro turf great.
I might just say i was totally against astro turf as i like wildlife and its strange not seing the odd daisy pop up on the lawn so i have made a wildlife corner to compensate for lack of grass..
Husband loves it as its one less lawn to mow ..

I am not sure how much astro turf is as it was allready here but i do believe you can buy it from B & Q it does wear well and lasts a long time i suppose being you dont have to buy lawn food or mow it then it can work out a good investment..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

26-10-2011, 03:37 PM

It looks like real grass in your photo, just the job when you have a dog though
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 05:54 PM

That is brilliant, didnt realise it would look so good. Oh I do like mowing a lawn but when you have dogs that is marvelous.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Garden looks lovely lots of hard work filling in a pond, did you keep the area as a bog garden or just fill it in?

The artifical grass look fantastic too. I would never have known.....interesting.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 08:48 PM

Thanks Mary, wasn't aware that it had already been laid - I will investigate further
callumsmum
warwickshire uk

27-10-2011, 04:27 AM

The pond was huge i found a photo of callum looking in it as it was raised about 8 foot long and wide and full of snails it took us a lot of work to fill it in..Then we made a patio by laying slabs and creating borders round it and the walls as planters ..Glad its done as i needed that space.funny thing is i suffered a lot of snail damage in that area where the pond was the garden is over run with them but i keep picking them off and hope to get on top of the problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top