Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Re: Now Tell the Truth.....Would You?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You receive a letter or a card with an unfranked postage stamp on it.

Would you use the stamp again?
Yes, I always do, if I can get it off the envelope cleanly & whole. In fact I have an envelope full of unfranked stamps & my pen pals always send them back to me if they are unfranked & I do the same for them.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Certainly not Arty, speaking as a retired postman...And I would report anyone who would do such a thing...

If a postman/woman sees a letter with an unfranked stamp we were supposed to put a line through it with a pen before delivering it.

We also had to return oversize cards with the wrong stamp on.....I never did either of those things, A bit petty I thought....

As a postman though, I used to get two sheets of first class stamps each Christmas which Mrs Fox found very helpful. We just cut down on the booze now to afford all the postage.... Well! Mrs Fox's Gin anyway....

As a regular stamp re-user I really dislike those post persons who put a line through an unfranked stamp. Fortunately most don't bother.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 04:32 PM

You receive a letter or a card with an unfranked postage stamp on it.

Would you use the stamp again?
Email is a lot cheaper than snail mail
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
As a regular stamp re-user I really dislike those post persons who put a line through an unfranked stamp. Fortunately most don't bother.
I wondered who did that too, never realised it was the actual postman though.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I wondered who did that too, never realised it was the actual postman though.
Oh yes, I've seen them doing it while on their rounds but some unfranked stamps still come our way (in fact we had one this morning). I won't be bothering to reuse it though because these newer self-adhesive stamps are much harder to get off the envelopes without damaging them (or so I've found).
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

08-12-2020, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Oh yes, I've seen them doing it while on their rounds but some unfranked stamps still come our way (in fact we had one this morning). I won't be bothering to reuse it though because these newer self-adhesive stamps are much harder to get off the envelopes without damaging them (or so I've found).
If you carefully peal it from one side tearing the envelope then teasing the stamp off the paper on each side starting with the corner & tearing the paper along the edge of the stamp, it is possible. Some come off easier than others, but forget about the stamps stuck on plastic bags, those are impossible to remove.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 06:45 PM

Surely, using unfranked stamps is classed as recycling and saving the planet?

Look how many letters get lost in the post and you can’t claim for them and get a replacement stamp?

It’s a case of ‘swings and roundabouts’ isn’t it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:52 PM

Surely, using unfranked stamps is classed as recycling and saving the planet?

Look how many letters get lost in the post and you can’t claim for them and get a replacement stamp?

It’s a case of ‘swings and roundabouts’ isn’t it?
No it's called fraud Arty......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, I always do, if I can get it off the envelope cleanly & whole. In fact I have an envelope full of unfranked stamps & my pen pals always send them back to me if they are unfranked & I do the same for them.
Do you have to put a stamp on it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:57 PM

It's possible to buy stamps on ebay for much less than the face value. I'm not quite sure how they manage it though.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top