Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 12:17 AM

what scares you ?

ok i hope this is the right place to post this thread, and sorry in advance if its been posted before.

It can be anything from creepy things to insects etc

for me the first thing that comes to mind is clowns, and next on the list is spiders and earwigs

whats yours ?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 12:28 AM

Re: what scares you ?

I once knew somebody else who was terrified of clowns. Not just scared, but had a genuine fear and phobia of them. Perhaps it was an episode from his childhood that had brought that about - I don't know.

Hand on heart, I can't say that I'm scared of anything but, many years ago, I couldn't stand to be in the same room as a daddy-long-legs.

However, I cured my phobia back in around 1981 when I lived in Berlin. I went to the loo, which was separate from the bathroom. It was a hot day and the window was open. Well, I was sat there answering a call of nature when suddenly a daddy-long-legs fluttered down. I was mortified as I was always afraid they'd get tangled up in my hair.

Anyway, I closed my eyes and grabbed out at him with my left hand, and was aware that I'd caught him. That was when I realised that I could crush this fragile creature and end its life, or I could put him back out through the window. I've never been afraid of them since.

I am very wary of dogs though.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 03:41 AM

Clowns make me uneasy but I wouldn't say scared. I used to be terrified of spiders as a child, but once I had my own kids I got over it because I didn't want them to have the same fear. I taught the kids to catch spiders and put them out in the garden instead. Now I don't mind small ones in the house at all.

I like snakes and will pick them up. I'm cautious around bees and wasps but not terrified.

Other than being nervous of heights, I don't know what I'm afraid of really - but I'm sure there are things out there that would scare me half to death, and with luck I'll never face them.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 10:06 AM

For me it's Motorways.............Hate driving on them and hate being a passenger.......I'd rather walk.......
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Very strange this fear of clowns, they are after all just a man dressed up. Can anyone elaborate why they have this fear.

For myself I have a fear of footsteps behind me especially in the dark as I was mugged in my 20s and it is a deep seated fear that won't go away. It is rare for me to be walking around late at night though so not really a problem.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 12:02 PM

The Ex-Wife ...

I Was always in before 4am.....

Oh and Heights .
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 12:17 PM

I Was always in before 4am.....
I bet you were!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 02:05 PM

I don't like big black spiders or heights.
Was breaking up a box in the garden yesterday and out jumped a spider...I promise, I didn't scream I bravely watched it run across the lawn.
Clowns don't bother me..'coulrophobia' it is called (I looked it up years ago-can't remember why) though I don't think clowns are funny.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Slugs spiders snakes rats mice daddy long legs thank fully never seen any here
aslo june bugs flying bettles ekkkkkkkkk we get them
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 03:05 PM

The thought of anything happening to Bennie.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top