Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:24 PM

Sky News ...

Utter remain centric nonsense.

It's 24 hour speculation and project fear with remainer interviewers and interviewees all going over yesterday's news and old arguments.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:27 PM

Re: Sky News ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->

It's 24 hour speculation and project fear with remainer interviewers and interviewees all going over yesterday's news and old arguments.
Same on the Beeb apparently - willing our exit to fail so that they can gloat and say "We told you so!"

#Defundthebbc
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same on the Beeb apparently - willing our exit to fail so that they can gloat and say "We told you so!"

#Defundthebbc

Yep
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:50 PM

Just laugh at the death throes of a failed minority anti-democratic denialist section of our country as portrayed by would-be-influencers who have been losing respect and followers for years because of their outdated practices.

No wonder Sky News has seen it's number of viewers decline from around 18 million under a decade ago to under ten million now and the BBC is seeing moves afoot to defund them.
They are certainly at least partly responsible for their own decline because of their biased reporting, and TBH it serves them right.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 06:33 PM

It is clear to me that we need a new unbiased TV news service.

As far as I can see, we don't have such a thing so, personally, I rely on internet sources including the press.

Even there, of course, we have both pro-Brexit and anti-Brexit sources.
I suppose the only recourse is to look at both and try to make up our own minds.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It is clear to me that we need a new unbiased TV news service.

As far as I can see, we don't have such a thing so, personally, I rely on internet sources including the press.

Even there, of course, we have both pro-Brexit and anti-Brexit sources.
I suppose the only recourse is to look at both and try to make up our own minds.

The BBC were supposed to be that unbiased source, but sadly that hasn't been true for a long time now.

Even though the BBC seems to be gaining popularity again globally, that is very different to being a respected impartial source which it had the real potential to become.
As you say, it is extremely difficult to find truly impartial sources for news and current events anywhere.

The best we can do is hope that things change again but for the better this time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
The BBC were supposed to be that unbiased source, but sadly that hasn't been true for a long time now.

Even though the BBC seems to be gaining popularity again globally, that is very different to being a respected impartial source which it had the real potential to become.
As you say, it is extremely difficult to find truly impartial sources for news and current events anywhere.

The best we can do is hope that things change again but for the better this time.
You're absolutely right of course. There will always be politically biased newspapers.

Perhaps I can alter my hope to that of a politically unbiased British TV service, just as the BBC once was?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-12-2020, 11:06 PM

Everything is going crazy at the moment. The commercials want our seas to themselves and want to blow up the EU fleet with nuclear missiles and the remainers are saying we are still in the single market. Labour are voting for the deal even though they haven't read it yet while moderates are waiting for news from IDS, Redwood and Cash.

I think Boris has "sold out" to an extent on fisheries to be honest but it's not as bad as what people are making out. I don't hear anyone talking about the UK fisheries bill which is the instrument that makes a massive difference to our fisheries.

I'll continue reading.....

We can tear the whole thing up with 9 months notice anyway
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Everything is going crazy at the moment. The commercials want our seas to themselves and want to blow up the EU fleet with nuclear missiles and the remainers are saying we are still in the single market. Labour are voting for the deal even though they haven't read it yet while moderates are waiting for news from IDS, Redwood and Cash.

I think Boris has "sold out" to an extent on fisheries to be honest but it's not as bad as what people are making out. I don't hear anyone talking about the UK fisheries bill which is the instrument that makes a massive difference to our fisheries.

I'll continue reading.....

We can tear the whole thing up with 9 months notice anyway
Good post Bread ! Our fishermen must see if they can accommodate
the 25% increase first, before reaching for more, What good is it
to have the availability but not the capacity to benefit??
We would be like the baboon on a field of mealies, where we can only
hold four mealies under our arms, but we keep picking them and
then dropping them again??

Donkeyman! 👎👎
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 11:44 PM

Just ignore it.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top