Join for free
Reply
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 29,543
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-01-2021, 09:31 PM
111

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I am a scientist, and also a cynical Yorkshire man.

I do not believe in Conspirancy Theories and in popular parlance I am as hard as nails.

Twice in my life things have happened which I cannot explain.

The third time it was Rendlesham, not there at the time, but there for the aftermath.

It is unexplainable even today with our current scientific understanding.
That could have been ball lighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwR1...eiTrukhonovets

Discounted by many but, although very rare, it has been seen by some.
(The video above is actually a fake, but a very good one.)
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 22,147
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-01-2021, 09:53 PM
112

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That could have been ball lighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwR1...eiTrukhonovets

Discounted by many but, although very rare, it has been seen by some.
(The video above is actually a fake, but a very good one.)
Hi

Rendlesham was covered by RAF Bawdsey during the Cold War.

It had nuclear armed Bloodhound Missiles there

I was moved before it closed.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 29,543
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-01-2021, 10:02 PM
113

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Rendlesham was covered by RAF Bawdsey during the Cold War.

It had nuclear armed Bloodhound Missiles there

I was moved before it closed.
Sorry, SF. You're wrong there.

Bloodhound were British anti-aircraft missiles and were definitely not nuclear armed.

You don't need a nuclear warhead to shoot down an aircraft, even the biggest one!
Reply With Quote
OldGreyFox's Avatar
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
OldGreyFox is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 18,067
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-01-2021, 10:07 PM
114

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I am a scientist, and also a cynical Yorkshire man.

I do not believe in Conspirancy Theories and in popular parlance I am as hard as nails.

Twice in my life things have happened which I cannot explain.

The third time it was Rendlesham, not there at the time, but there for the aftermath.

It is unexplainable even today with our current scientific understanding.
My theories are not 'Conspiracy' Swim, just theories open for discussion.
Reply With Quote
OldGreyFox's Avatar
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
OldGreyFox is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 18,067
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-01-2021, 10:12 PM
115

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by digitalham ->
If that is so then the previous civilisation fell a long long time ago or there wouldn't be the quantity of fossil fuels still around. Surely any working the way up from hunter gatherers will go through a period of exploiting fossil fuels during their rise. Nothing in the fossil record suggests cyclic civilisations either that I'm aware of.
A good point digitalham, however, if civilisation had progressed somewhere else and came here because their own planet had gone the sameway as ours. Perhaps that would explain some of the mysteries surrounding the pyramids etc. We are also in the process of finding other places to live.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 22,147
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-01-2021, 10:20 PM
116

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry, SF. You're wrong there.

Bloodhound were British anti-aircraft missiles and were definitely not nuclear armed.

You don't need a nuclear warhead to shoot down an aircraft, even the biggest one!
Hi

We will just have to disagree on that,

The Mark 3s where deployed, nukes designed to stop incoming nuclear ballistic missiles with an EMP.

Sealed info to 2031, but well known.

It will be sealed again.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 29,543
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-01-2021, 10:27 PM
117

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Rendlesham was covered by RAF Bawdsey during the Cold War.

It had nuclear armed Bloodhound Missiles there

I was moved before it closed.
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We will just have to disagree on that,

The Mark 3s where deployed, nukes designed to stop incoming nuclear ballistic missiles with an EMP.

Sealed info to 2031, but well known.

It will be sealed again.
I don't want to go on about it, but the Mk III was never actually deployed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodh...issile)#Mk_III

Read on to the end to read a list of deployments:
Royal Air Force
No. 25 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 33 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 41 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 62 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 65 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 85 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 94 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 112 Squadron RAF (Mk I) and (Mk II)
No. 141 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 222 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 242 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 247 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 257 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 263 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 264 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 266 Squadron RAF (Mk I)


Incidentally, those were the days when we still led the world in such areas!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.