Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:12 PM

Re: Poor Melania!

No idea! she looks alright to me.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I wouldnt be surprised if she has already seen her solicitor re divorce proceedings.
There is no actual evidence that Melania has ever said that she would divorce Trump. The information has come from 'former Whitehouse aides' aides who have been fired by either her or her husband. It is very easy to say 'she said....' and not have any actual evidence to back it up.

When I hear the words from Melania's own mouth that she wants to divorce Trump, then I will believe it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:41 PM

I like Melania and I think she got a rough deal as first lady. She is a very intelligent woman and didn't deserve the nastiness she got. She was never offered any magazine deals like all the other first ladies, I think they punished her because of the man she married.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:48 PM

It amazes me how people are horrible about people they don't know or never met.

I wish her good luck with anything she does in the future. Just because people don't like her choice of husband is that really any reason to say horrible things about her.
Good luck to spending her own money after all, she is a self made millionaire as a former lingerie model has made a fortune through her jewellery line, skincare products and property investments. Being married to trump has just added to her already fortune.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Supporting her husband is not a reason for giving Melania low marks.

Mrs. Trump was not as active in her role as other First Ladies, but I expect that no matter what she did or said, she would have been criticized. Undoubtedly, failure to have the incoming First Lady to the White House for the traditional "Tour and Tea" was unacceptable, but I am not convinced that it was her choice.

Mrs. Trump had a real and obvious opportunity to promote LEGAL immigration and it is a shame that it was missed. She was involved in a few initiatives, but they were not widely covered in the press.

One of her few roles that was seemingly not criticized was her commitment to being a full-time mom. While she was in the White House, she considered that job one, without assigning Baron's care to nannies.

IMHO we have had a few First Ladies who have performed their jobs more poorly.

Altogether, she was dam@#(@ if she did and dam@#@ if she didn't every step of the way.
I don't think the press gave her a chance. She did a lot of work with children that didn't get any headlines. Today was the first time she showed her human side to the media. The most affection I have seen between them. My view is that she loathed being FLOTUS and she is delighted to be out of the White House.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't think the press gave her a chance. She did a lot of work with children that didn't get any headlines. Today was the first time she showed her human side to the media. The most affection I have seen between them. My view is that she loathed being FLOTUS and she is delighted to be out of the White House.
that's the feeling I get Annie
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:55 PM

Free Spirits all for that.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:17 PM

I was nearly not going to comment on this at all. Still don't much to say but this. For whatever she is or isn't; and I do not wish her ill at all, I Melania Trump would be about 320,000,000 th on the list of people..men or women in the USA that I would think "OH the poor thing" about. If she did good work for children, that's good. THere's literally millions of Americans that do that. THat's all. If I feel more for any other member of the Trump family it is his son, Baron. I suspect that is one very lonely and damaged young man. He always looks so sad. Maybe he isn't. I don't know.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I don't think any First Ladies have it easy, but Melania Trump didn't do herself any favours by keeping quiet when Donald kept opening his gob and saying abrasive and rude comments. Melania is a very smart lady and she could have been used a lot more to calm the waters.

Hey ho... with hindsight anything is possible I suppose.

"Been used
"? Charming expression.
You use machinery, cars, and detection dogs - not your wife.

And what if she didn't want to "Be used" as you put it?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:25 PM

Another Diana without the tragedy?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top