Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:16 PM

You're nicked!

Some believe they are above the law. If anything this proves they are not. You would think they ought to know better. Nine of them all fined £200 each making that an expensive café meet-up!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55730459

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Re: You're nicked!

The two ladies got off from having a 'social meetup' disguised as exercise because they complained to the media to help them get off. Maybe these police officers should do the same. They could say they were having an important socially distanced work related meeting in a nearby cafe.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
The two ladies got off from having a 'social meetup' disguised as exercise because they complained to the media to help them get off. Maybe these police officers should do the same. They could say they were having an important socially distanced work related meeting in a nearby cafe.
Can you imagine though the backlash against the police if they tried this and even worse, actually got away with it! Many of those members of the public fined to date would they believe, have a legitimate case to appeal their fines.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:40 PM

It's a good job it wasn't a copper who reported them, it wouldn't have been a good move for his career prospects....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's a good job it wasn't a copper who reported them, it wouldn't have been a good move for his career prospects....
It was more likely to be a traffic warden. They couldn't care less about anyone.
Baz46

26-01-2021, 07:51 PM

Some quite obviously think they are above the law! You would think these 31 would have cleared it first or if that wasn't possible, not been involved in breaking the COVID-19 regulations:

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-26/...-while-on-duty
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 07:56 PM

They are meant to be a cut above the rest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Some believe they are above the law. If anything this proves they are not. You would think they ought to know better. Nine of them all fined £200 each making that an expensive café meet-up!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55730459

Very interesting. I hadn't heard about that.

Not standing up for the coppers, I assure you, but I think we should consider practicalities.
Is it not likely that those coppers would meet up together for a briefing at the start of their shift anyway?

On the other hand, I've heard about some people congregating with no valid excuse and yet avoiding any fines.

As for the two young women who were fined for going on a walk together, were they not in a 'bubble'? I think that's one easy way of avoiding any criticism and, from what I understand, it is perfectly acceptable to create a bubble with someone you meet regularly. I'm happy to be proved wrong here if I have misunderstood.

Personally, I think it's a shame that so many people cannot seem to understand and simply practise common sense.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They are meant to be a cut above the rest.
Very droll ....................

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top