Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:50 PM

Re: The Kettle Minefield..

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
FWIW............

Dualit Architect Kettle
My Dear Wife got it as a leaving present probably about ten years ago. I think it was a bit expensive but it has lasted.
Same as ours Besoeker.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, l also have a Dualit toaster that l have had for years. I think they are the best brand for toasters as nothing much can go wrong with them.
I saw that Costco had a Dualit ‘Lite’ kettle and toaster set for around £84 reduced from £120 in their Black Friday sale. I nearly, nearly considered buying the set until l read, these particular ones were made in China and not the U.K. and they didn’t get very good reviews. Besides that, l have their toaster already but it’s only a two slice one. It would’ve been silly getting the four slice toaster just for the sake of it.
I think they can be repaired quite easily if they ever go wrong. Ours is a two slice with the extra grill thingy (for toasting things that are too thick to fit in the other slots by squashing them)

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think they can be repaired quite easily if they ever go wrong. Ours is a two slice with the extra grill thingy (for toasting things that are too thick to fit in the other slots by squashing them)
Brilliant things and yes, they can be repaired - though IIRC that's only for those & not their cheaper versions.
Our cream 2-slice one is easily 10 years old and still works fine, even being used almost every day.

Their kettles can't be easily repaired though as I have discovered after buying one some years ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-12-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Brilliant things and yes, they can be repaired - though IIRC that's only for those & not their cheaper versions.
Our cream 2-slice one is easily 10 years old and still works fine, even being used almost every day.

Their kettles can't be easily repaired though as I have discovered after buying one some years ago.
I think all kettles are throwaway these days. Our last one (think it was a Russel Hobbs) had to be binned because a small plastic hinge on the lid had broken. A common fault and spares not available.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, That’s a nice looking kettle. Is it heavy when full of water though?

The glass one l bought is heavy when l fill it. I think l will end up with muscles like Popeye’s mate, Pluto!
Art I haven't noticed but then I don't usually fill it to max. It seems to take an awful lot of filling to get to max. It's pretty light when empty.

It is quality for the price. The build is solid and I don't get the feeling it will fall apart overnight. I do like looking at it on the kitchen counter. It's a cheerful design and we need cheering up at the moment when we are spending so much quality time with our kettles! The only down side is that lid. But if you fill from the tap then it's easy as you can fill from the spout.

I must say I do like Dunelm products. They are great quality and great value for money. It's my go-to place for household goods these days.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 02:31 AM

I think all kettles are throwaway these days. Our last one (think it was a Russel Hobbs) had to be binned because a small plastic hinge on the lid had broken. A common fault and spares not available.
But that's so annoying. There must be a kettle landfill mountain somewhere. This is why I was thinking of getting that old fashioned stove top type. At least those last forever.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-12-2020, 02:35 AM

Yes but can it make cheese on toast? I saw one of those lifestyle hacks about making cheese on toast in a toaster the other day. You put the toaster on its side and put in the bread with cheese inside (non cheesy side to gravity). I haven't been brave enough to try this!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 08:38 PM

I don’t know the make of my kettle, I think I purchased it from Wilco,....S MEG kettle, have you seen the price of those?

Apparently it boils water in under 10 seconds.

😅😂🤣
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-12-2020, 10:55 PM

I bet that makes a bit of a noise Pauline?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I bet that makes a bit of a noise Pauline?

😂🤣😅...Hee,hee,I’m in a silly mood today,Annie.😂😜

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top