Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 12:13 PM

Re: Convid Vaccine. Government playing doctor, making life and death decision

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

The scientific body advising the government Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has written guidance to the government that the 2nd jab should be given 12 weeks (3 months) after the first jab, which completely contradicts and ignores the vaccine(s) makers own scientific data and advice on what's required to make the vaccine effective.

The people at the JCVI seem to think that they know more about the vaccine than the actual people who designed it, made it and ran the trials and the worst thing is, the government has listened to this group JCVI that has got zero knowledge or experience of the vaccines and agreed with their rationale that it will be OK to hold off the second jab for 12 weeks.
Professor Andrew Pollard is director of the Oxford vaccine group and chairs the JCVI. I'd hope he has knowledge & experience of the new vaccine. Although perhaps it's a conflict of interest as Pfizer are direct competitors.

https://www.gov.uk/government/groups...d-immunisation
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Makes perfect sense to me! Think about it!.

A doctor who has volunteered.

'I can't see how it is relevant to a mass vaccination programme.

'We're going to be working presumably in groups and I can't imagine that doctors who have experience in vaccination - as most of us I believe do - are going to need anti-radicalisation programmes.'

'I think you need to work from first principles to say that you look at the task you've got to do, if it's fairly straightforward you can identify what the risks are and for a mass task like that there needs to be a special track which allows us to do it safely but does not delay the process of getting the vaccination programme off the ground.'

She added: 'If they're going to vaccinate two million people a week as has been mentioned, I can't quite see how you can expect busy GPs who have to look after patients... how are they possibly going to do that without some additional help.'
Needless red tape. Don't expect to get the vaccine anytime soon.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 01:52 PM

Hi

We are in an emergency, the frontline are exhausted, people are blocking beds and yet noting changes in the NHS.

Stupid buerocrats insisting on irrelevant bits of paper just to keep themselves in a job.

What a load of nonsense, Matt Hancock needs to make an example and sack them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 07:18 PM

CRB, ID and nationality checks are not irrrelevant. I'm not sure what they are all complaining about this is the life of people in their hands. This sort are used to having to do training and prove their qualifications all the time. Such a ridiculous fuss being made about routine training and checks.... you want a Shipman jabbing you?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:00 PM

With all the differing opinions is it any wonder people are concerned and confused.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...covid-vaccines

Public Health England’s Covid “green book” recommends that “it is reasonable to offer one dose of the locally available product to complete the schedule” if the same vaccine used for the first dose is not available. But it adds: “There is no evidence on the interchangeability of the Covid-19 vaccines although studies are under way.”

Criticism erupted following the publication of a New York Times report which quoted the virologist Prof John Moore from Cornell University in the US, who said “there are no data on this idea whatsoever” and that British officials “seem to have abandoned science completely now and are just trying to guess their way out of a mess”.

The US infectious disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci also said on Friday that he did he not agree with the UK’s approach of delaying the second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. He told CNN that the US would not be following in the UK’s footsteps and would follow Pfizer and BioNTech’s guidance to administer the second dose of its vaccine three weeks after the first.

The head of immunisations at Public Health England, Dr Mary Ramsey, said mixing was not recommended and would only happen in exceptional circumstances.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
With all the differing opinions is it any wonder people are concerned and confused.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...covid-vaccines

The ONLY reason why people are confused is because other medical doctors and scientists are sticking their nose in and completely and utterly ignoring the data and advice of the makers of the vaccines. The bottom line is ALL the vaccine makers have stated on record that their vaccine should be taken in 2 doses and the 2nd dose should be administered approx. 21 days or close to a month after the first dose for the vaccine to be affective. I am pretty sure if the 2nd dose of the vaccine could be taken 3 months after the 1st dose for it to be affective then the vaccine makers would have said so but they haven't.

When the vaccines were first being developed and the makers produced some initial results about dosages and the possibility of there needing to be two of them, the first person to speak publicly and on record about a 2nd dose being delayed so many more people could be given a 1st dose was Tony Blair. I remember the press giving him a hard time for making such a comment but as we are now seeing, it is the same stance the government is now taking.

I understand the UK is in a difficult place with the virus and it's variants BUT i disagree with the governments decision on delaying the 2nd dose for 12 weeks because there is no data to back up their assumptions that those who have the 1st jab will be ok until the 2nd jab in 12 weeks time.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

04-01-2021, 01:04 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...its/facts.html

Some useful information.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A doctor who has volunteered.

Needless red tape. Don't expect to get the vaccine anytime soon.

I’m not having the vaccine,it doesn’t feel right, so no problem here, each to their own though.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’m not having the vaccine,it doesn’t feel right, so no problem here, each to their own though.
Personally I think that anyone who refuses to take the vaccine is selfish. If you want to risk your own life, then that's up to you. But you'll be risking others.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Personally I think that anyone who refuses to take the vaccine is selfish. If you want to risk your own life, then that's up to you. But you'll be risking others.
You can think what ever you like, until I know more about this vaccine, then I am quite prepared to risk my life,and besides I don’t believe I will ever contract it.i have my faith..I will be risking no one else’s life. they would have had the vaccine..not sure how you worked that one out...

You honestly think that because it has been cleared, that it is safe, no way!..each to their own...I won’t be forced by any public citizen to have this vaccine...you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine, regardless of how many disagree with me.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top