Join for free
Page 46 of 48 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 09:17 AM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Bread, the information for the Democrats initial support for the House of Representatives' Articles of Impeachment is found (for starters) within the links that I provided. They simply have to be read, interpreted by you, and then assessed by you as to whether or not you agree with those decisions. It is your responsibility to read the material if you really want to find the answer to your very good question in a way that will satisfy you one way or the other.

SF, you are most kind, however the list of people on OFF who are more intelligent than me is as long as my arm. Your make the point that I have been drumming all week; we are not going to tolerate anyone who interferes with the workings of our democracy - no matter who is involved. In fact, I think my party should be the most rigorous in demanding the swift and full arm of the justice system for what happened on Jan. 6. You are right; they are thugs and they need to be prosecuted in the same way we need full accountability from the radical left that burned down the 3rd precinct in Minneapolis (for example).

There are insidious rumblings that we are falling apart, close to civil war, and seething with anger for one another - but nothing could be further than the truth. We all want the same, we just we sometimes disagree about the paths taken to get there. There are people who feel disenfranchised with issues worthy of concern, but they need to understand that their demands are yielded and lost in the fray.

Pauline, you made me laugh .
I read the articles. There is no evidence of what Trump has been accused of in them. That's my point and nobody can show me any proof or evidence either.

It's not constitutional to impeachment a president for the highest of crimes when there are is no evidence of the charges.

The last impeachment of trump was an utter farce as well and it was the same people that brought about those charges. Don't you see a pattern emerging ?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I read the articles. There is no evidence of what Trump has been accused of in them. That's my point and nobody can show me any proof or evidence either.

It's not constitutional to impeachment a president for the highest of crimes when there are is no evidence of the charges.

The last impeachment of trump was an utter farce as well and it was the same people that brought about those charges. Don't you see a pattern emerging ?
There are a lot of people who will agree with you. The question is whether or not Congress proceeds and whether or not Trump demands due process.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
There are a lot of people who will agree with you. The question is whether or not Congress proceeds and whether or not Trump demands due process.
But there has to be evidence to back up the charge or this is completely unconstitutional - it's nothing more than a witch hunt based on fabrication.

Nobody so far can back up these claims against Trump, look at how impeachment's have been made historically, it takes weeks and weeks of accusations, evidence etc before it can pass to the next stage. This was 8 hours .... !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:31 PM

Hi

I take a different view.

Trump is a poor loser who has made a load of unsubstantiated allegations which have been rejected by the Courts.

He did encourage direct action.

He is a Prat.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-01-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I take a different view.

Trump is a poor loser who has made a load of unsubstantiated allegations which have been rejected by the Courts.

He did encourage direct action.

He is a Prat.
Give me the transcript of what he said then ...

Like all things, Swimmy, the truth always comes out in the end. Biden will be the biggest disaster for the USA, just you watch. At best he is a back seat driver for Pelosi, Harris and the rest of the hard lefts agenda. When Harris takes over, she will be the most unelected president in American history, the people didn't vote for her and her own party didn't vote for her as a candidate for 2020.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 05:06 PM

It is a witch hunt because he has upset so many of his peers and they want to see him gone for good. I will be interested to see how this plays out in the courts.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 05:16 PM

Give me the transcript of what he said then ...

Like all things, Swimmy, the truth always comes out in the end. Biden will be the biggest disaster for the USA, just you watch. At best he is a back seat driver for Pelosi, Harris and the rest of the hard lefts agenda. When Harris takes over, she will be the most unelected president in American history, the people didn't vote for her and her own party didn't vote for her as a candidate for 2020.
Hi

It ia an USA thing, the transcript is widely available, so are his relentless unsubstantiated claims of Electoral Fraud.

That is not how Democracy works.

The Capitol was stormed by his supporters.

We simply cannot have mob rule, that is not Democracy in any way, shape or form.

The mob will lose, they will be up against highly trained experts in violence.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-01-2021, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It ia an USA thing, the transcript is widely available, so are his relentless unsubstantiated claims of Electoral Fraud.

That is not how Democracy works.

The Capitol was stormed by his supporters.

We simply cannot have mob rule, that is not Democracy in any way, shape or form.

The mob will lose, they will be up against highly trained experts in violence.

So what did he say then - give me the bit where he incited riots, decent etc .... it's not as if its the first time I've asked is it. You either can or you can't.

The Capitol was stormed by Republicans and Democrats by the way, this was not just Trump supporters, in fact, I would put money on there being a lot more of the left wing mob than we think.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:18 PM

So what did he say then - give me the bit where he incited riots, decent etc .... it's not as if its the first time I've asked is it. You either can or you can't.

The Capitol was stormed by Republicans and Democrats by the way, this was not just Trump supporters, in fact, I would put money on there being a lot more of the left wing mob than we think.
I've been saying this all the time. 'Rent-A-Mob' could even been assembled by Biden to get rid of Trump once and for all. Far worse things have happened in the old USA...Trump was set up good and proper.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-01-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've been saying this all the time. 'Rent-A-Mob' could even been assembled by Biden to get rid of Trump once and for all. Far worse things have happened in the old USA...Trump was set up good and proper.

I think so too OGF

Page 46 of 48 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top