Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

20-01-2021, 10:16 PM

pruning a wisteria... help....

how much can i cut back my wisteria as its gone nuts over last few years....i dont want to kill it....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:22 AM

Re: pruning a wisteria... help....

Originally Posted by Cakeman ->
how much can i cut back my wisteria as its gone nuts over last few years....i dont want to kill it....
I wouldn't worry about killing it. I had wisteria the length of my side fence when I bought this house, I hacked it down to ground level, painted neat Roundup on the stems and it still re-grew the next year... and the year after that... It took three years to get rid of it, the only stuff I had more trouble with getting rid of was bamboo.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:38 AM

I will be so sad to leave my Wisteria when I leave this house its so pretty. Caveman I just cut mine into shape and it never complains but honest if you want expert advice I always look on U-tube everything seems to be there...good luck
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

21-01-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I will be so sad to leave my Wisteria when I leave this house its so pretty. Caveman I just cut mine into shape and it never complains but honest if you want expert advice I always look on U-tube everything seems to be there...good luck
hi summer, i do like it but it needs cutting back n yep thats a good idea thnx....i,ll have a look thnx
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

21-01-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wouldn't worry about killing it. I had wisteria the length of my side fence when I bought this house, I hacked it down to ground level, painted neat Roundup on the stems and it still re-grew the next year... and the year after that... It took three years to get rid of it, the only stuff I had more trouble with getting rid of was bamboo.
hi bruce, oh ok ,sounds like you defo wanted rid lol, i,ll bear that in mind cheers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 05:25 PM

See if this is any help, Cakeman.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/videos/advice/pruning-wisteria
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

21-01-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
See if this is any help, Cakeman.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/videos/advice/pruning-wisteria
hi mups, thnx for that ,very helpful
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:26 PM

hi mups, thnx for that ,very helpful

You're welcome.

Be nice to see a picture of all your hard work when it's back in bloom?
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

22-01-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're welcome.

Be nice to see a picture of all your hard work when it's back in bloom?
yeah i got quite a lot to do in garden,dismantling my pond,replacing some decking,sorting shed,laying slabs thats without decorating lol....but it keeps me busy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-01-2021, 09:51 PM

yeah i got quite a lot to do in garden,dismantling my pond,replacing some decking,sorting shed,laying slabs thats without decorating lol....but it keeps me busy

. . . and out of mischief.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top