Join for free
Page 9 of 27 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:19 PM

Re: Is Brexit over ??

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
SOME voters Cinders??
As l have explained earlier ,the EU is using time as a strategy to get
what they want ?
Yes, of course they are.

They are making full use of our weak politicians and our whingeing remoaners.

All we can rely on is the majority of the population, and they need to be kept fully aware of the EU's (and our politicians') shenanigans.

I'm sure that the majority of Brits still want us out of the EU. They have seen their officious and petty behaviour (including the recent lorry driver's ham sandwich!) and these things are doing nothing to endear people in this country to them.

Keep up the good work, EU!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are no longer part of the EU.

We are out, we are a third Country.

Kt really is that simple.

If we want to export to the EU we must comply with their rules, if we want to export to the USA we have to comply with their rules.That is the system the world works under.

If Countries wish to export to us they must comply with our rules.

It is going to take years to sort it all out, we are not even checking the paperwork from EU Imports yet, we do not start that until July.

We are starting from scratch, we will get there but we have no magic wand to wave.

Government have other things to do, like Covid for example.
Yes, you make a good point.
I suppose that in my fervour I expect them to sort everything out immediately.
Just as long as there is no backsliding, I'll be happy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, of course they are.

They are making full use of our weak politicians and our whingeing remoaners.

All we can rely on is the majority of the population, and they need to be kept fully aware of the EU's (and our politicians') shenanigans.

I'm sure that the majority of Brits still want us out of the EU. They have seen their officious and petty behaviour (including the recent lorry driver's ham sandwich!) and these things are doing nothing to endear people in this country to them.

Keep up the good work, EU!
Hi

We are out of the EU, end of.

We are a Third Country, so we cannot export POAO , without a Vet's Certificate.

Before Boris signed the deal.

Get over it,

We cannot do cabotage either, we knew this whrn Boris signed the deal.

Leaving was always going to hurt financially.

So what?

It is what we voted for.

It is a price worth paying.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are out of the EU, end of.

We are a Third Country, so we cannot export POAO , without a Vet's Certificate.

Before Boris signed the deal.

Get over it,

We cannot do cabotage either, we knew this whrn Boris signed the deal.

Leaving was always going to hurt financially.

So what?

It is what we voted for.

It is a price worth paying.
Most of that I agree with.

Except for the cost; it is no more costly to fill one form in than another and this is why - as I'm sure you realise - over half of UK trade is with countries outside the EU.

Unless you can explain how our largest single trading partner is the USA; we trade there without difficulty and yet supposedly dealing with the EU - who we have a deal with now - is more allegedly expensive, why are we doing so much business with the USA?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Most of that I agree with.

Except for the cost; it is no more costly to fill one form in than another and this is why - as I'm sure you realise - over half of UK trade is with countries outside the EU.

Unless you can explain how our largest single trading partner is the USA; we trade there without difficulty and yet supposedly dealing with the EU - who we have a deal with now - is more allegedly expensive, why are we doing so much business with the USA?
And without a blessed FTA to boot!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
And without a blessed FTA to boot!
Exactly!

I suspect that by far the majority of stories regarding alleged difficulties are in fact false one way or another - we've seen the media's lies in using old photo's for current supposed yet non-existent problems too often now.

Heck, when the worst they can come up with is some over-enthusiastic Dutch customs staff confiscating a trucker's pack-up because it contains a slice of cooked meat you know there's nothing worthwhile reporting.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Exactly!

I suspect that by far the majority of stories regarding alleged difficulties are in fact false one way or another - we've seen the media's lies in using old photo's for current supposed yet non-existent problems too often now.

Heck, when the worst they can come up with is some over-enthusiastic Dutch customs staff confiscating a trucker's pack-up because it contains a slice of cooked meat you know there's nothing worthwhile reporting.
Yes, and that cooked meat was perfectly ok on Monday, but it's
completely verboten on Tuesday!?!?

Donkeyman! 👎👎
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-01-2021, 09:10 PM

Yes, and that cooked meat was perfectly ok on Monday, but it's
completely verboten on Tuesday!?!?
Yes, exactly my point.

I knew that the Frogs were peevish, but I thought the Cloggies were a bit more sensible.

I'm sure they've all forgotten about my father's generation helping them out seventy-odd years ago!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:53 PM

SOME voters Cinders??
As l have explained earlier ,the EU is using time as a strategy to get
what they want ?
And it seems to be working !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
We voters cannot do a thing until the next GE, any divergence from the agreement can go to arbitration.

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/en-gb/...-cost-benefits

More crucially perhaps, under certain conditions, each party has the right to take swift unilateral trade defence measures to counter the significant negative effects of subsidies that the other party might decide to grant to its domestic industries or businesses. In principle, such unilateral remedial measures may include the imposition of tariffs or quotas or even the suspension of parts of the Agreement.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-01-2021, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
We voters cannot do a thing until the next GE, any divergence from the agreement can go to arbitration.

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/en-gb/...-cost-benefits

"More crucially perhaps, under certain conditions, each party has the right to take swift unilateral trade defence measures to counter the significant negative effects of subsidies that the other party might decide to grant to its domestic industries or businesses. In principle, such unilateral remedial measures may include the imposition of tariffs or quotas or even the suspension of parts of the Agreement."
Interesting.

It is well known that the EU do exactly that and, in fact, have gone a step further in the past in that they have made financial incentives to attract businesses from the UK to other EU countries.

I wonder what - if anything! - we would do about that and to prevent such things happening again.

Page 9 of 27 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top