Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 06:22 PM

Re: Interesting take on trumps impeachment

As someone sitting smack dab in the middle of everything that is going on, I really appreciate your perspectives, as well as your original post, LQ.

One thing I would offer is that there is a difference between Trump "supporters" and Trump "voters" - with the same being said for Biden. Both men need to remember that they answer to us and our parties, and most especially to the electorate at large. I would remind each that there job is to be presidential, adhere to their oath to the Constitution, and never forget for a second that they serve at the will and representation of the citizens.

It is a mistake to interpret the outcome of vote in the final November elections as being for the person rather than for the party platforms. Trump and Biden, along with their supporters, falsely interpret the election results as, "I love you," one way or the other. We don't love any of you; we want you do to the job for which you are elected with respect for the office.
I think the parties and the American voters greatly let down the system by not producing better candidates - good men with good policies - in this last election. Too many treated the primaries like a popularity contest without really digging into candidates' characters and political backgrounds.

Being a voter is as much about responsibility as it is a right. Voting without being informed brought us to a point where our two choices were Trump and Biden.

I hope, but doubt, that this was a lesson learned.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top