Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 12:14 AM

Re: Gas boiler replacing

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The electric shower isn't overly expensive and the hot water is instant.
Your choice, of course, but I'd rather wait for a minute or two and pay a lot less.

While you're waiting you could be taking off your clothes!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've got one quote and 2 quotes tomorrow. My friends mum had a new boiler and 9 gas central heating units put in with some other work and it was just over 5000 quid, I'm waiting to hear from him who did that job, the cost incuded fitting and everything. We are only going to replace the boiler though, can't really afford the heaters replacing too right now
When you say 'gas central heating units' do you mean radiators?

Ah, I see you mentioned that later!

I think if all the pipework is included it might be a reasonable price. Let's see if better qualified members than I can advise you better.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Do you think? For 9 radiators fitting as well as the boiler and something else but I forgot what the something else was. Oh and it needed new pipework
I paid £2500 ten years ago for a new boiler, various pipework (but not full replacement), one new radiator and removal of the old Aga. In today's money that's £3375.
Maybe get more quotes and recommendations? Good luck anyway.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top