Join for free
Page 15 of 30 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:16 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Just wondering if the op would be this upset and installing a bollard if the neighbour was instead a pleasant chap who had asked for permission to use her driveway to help him turn around in.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Just wondering if the op would be this upset and installing a bollard if the neighbour was instead a pleasant chap who had asked for permission to use her driveway to help him turn around in.
Exactly. Politeness costs nothing.

Nevertheless, a CCTV with recordings could be important if someone causes any damage. It's a sad fact of life that there are many who wouldn't bother to come and apologise to you if they'd done that.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I can't see my garage from the house so I don't really know Art. I've witnessed it a few times & last week he left snow tracks - also we've seen visitors to his house using my area to reverse their cars..
If you can't see your garage from the house Carol, then I think this is even more justification for putting gates across the drive. Think of it a making your garage and premises more secure). You never know who might be creeping around.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
If you can't see your garage from the house Carol, then I think this is even more justification for putting gates across the drive. Think of it a making your garage and premises more secure). You never know who might be creeping around.
Gates, yes - but WHY? A bollard - WHY - and asking for trouble.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Gates, yes - but WHY? A bollard - WHY - and asking for trouble.
So everyone who installs a gate or a bollard on their property is asking for trouble?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So everyone who installs a gate or a bollard on their property is asking for trouble?
Of course not but in this case there's "history".
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Of course not but in this case there's "history".

I think there is going to be trouble over this, I forgot that Carol and this guy have History....

If I’m not wrong, I’m sure Carol told him that she was going to put a bollard up a while back, he then said if she does, he will block her in....maybe Carol can clarify that?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
As the actress said to the Bishop....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I thought everyone had missed this Longdogs, or too prudish to mention it.....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think there is going to be trouble over this, I forgot that Carol and this guy have History....

If I’m not wrong, I’m sure Carol told him that she was going to put a bollard up a while back, he then said if she does, he will block her in....maybe Carol can clarify that?

Yes Pauline. The last argument with him was over the fence in the picture.

There didn't used to be a fence there. Before the fence was built it it was just open space for everybody to use. That was when we owned this property & next door.

When Ady bought next door off us I wanted to revert to how it should be - hence the fence to divide the 2 properties.

The fence stopped bully boy from driving through to turn round on the car park. I think he feared when I'd built the fence he would have nowhere to turn his car. At that time the car park gates were closed.

Ady diffused the situation by opening the car park gates for him & other neighbours to use. Then I was able to build my fence without further objection.

The car park gates are still open for him & others. He may or may not react. I'll have to wait & see.

I really wasn't going to bother coming back to this thread but thought I'd answer seeing as it was you Pauline.

I've no more to say about it now.

Thanks again everybody who responded. It's been interesting...

Page 15 of 30 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top