Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:46 AM

Re: Friend Requests...

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Don't know about unusual ... I've had one from a newbie that hasn't posted on the forum.
Perhaps he just likes bacon.
Maybe he was just a ham.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're the second one I've heard of, Mort or 3rd including Judd.
Sounds like the same person.

He also had been through my profile, though never sent me a request.
I remember someone else doing this a few months back, too.
Mups, l have just looked at your page but the name doesn’t appear on your list but does on Judd's and Morticia’s.

Their profile page has now been deleted.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Anyone else getting some unusual ones lately?
Unusual?....as in,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Unusual?....as in,
Pauline, Having been on forums for some years now, you can sort of suss out the genuine and the scammer types who request your friendship.
Especially, when they request your friendship as soon as they join the site and haven’t even posted.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, Having been on forums for some years now, you can sort of suss out the genuine and the scammer types who request your friendship.
Especially, when they request your friendship as soon as they join the site and haven’t even posted.

Ok, thanks for explaining......
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Minx and macywack, I found out some time after being on the forum that some people had the potential of getting their feelings hurt in regards to that feature, so I just don't use that option anymore.

I like to think that most of us consider everyone on the forum to be friends. It's certainly the way I feel about the membership.
I feel the same, it is a forum where everything is public I have always deleted friend requests, never made any and don't accept PMs. I hope it doesn't hurt anybody's feelings but that is the way it is.

If anybody really wants to get in touch it isn't too hard to email me but they would have to make a slight effort to find my email address.

I do still have one FB friend from a now defunct forum.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:02 PM

i feel the same way bruce, being a friend on an internet site means nothing, but some look at it the more friends you have the better the image. Hope i dont offend anyone if i refuse a friendship request
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:51 AM

I am quite happy to accept friendship requests from established members. Would not feel insulted if someone turned a request from me - it has to be a two-way street.

I appreciate the PM facility as well - but there are a couple of members whom I would like to PM who currently have it switched off!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:24 PM

Nope, never get any, good or suspect ones. Maybe because I don't spend as much time in here as I once did. Could be cos Covid is taking over the world. Take care and stay safe my friends and other strangers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
i feel the same way bruce, being a friend on an internet site means nothing, but some look at it the more friends you have the better the image. Hope i dont offend anyone if i refuse a friendship request
Mine must have been refused then. I requested it only because you asked in post#2.

I'm off to cry into my coffee.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top