Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:29 AM

'Duvet Days'

In the dim, dark days when I still worked for my living - my staff would save up their 'flexitime' and have an occasional 'duvet day'. I have never been entirely sure what this involved.

Obviously it begins with a duvet - but does it mean one stays in bed asleep all day? If so, what a waste of a day off.

Have you ever had one? What did you do with it?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:35 AM

Re: 'Duvet Days'

Never had one never will ...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:53 AM

I couldn't imagine anything worse than staying in bed all day, it takes all of my willpower not to get up before 5am...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:23 AM

Never had a 'duvet day ' or the kind of jobs that made them possible.
I wouldn't want to lounge around in bed doing nothing anyway .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
In the dim, dark days when I still worked for my living - my staff would save up their 'flexitime' and have an occasional 'duvet day'. I have never been entirely sure what this involved.

Obviously it begins with a duvet - but does it mean one stays in bed asleep all day? If so, what a waste of a day off.

Have you ever had one? What did you do with it?
For me working for myself for a living, as a sole trader, it was work or no income, that was the stark reality. Nowadays though it seems a 'duvet day' is an excuse for 'shirking', a day off or a 'skive' without having to give a reason:

https://www.breathehr.com/en-gb/blog...is-a-duvet-day
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
For me working for myself for a living, as a sole trader, it was work or no income, that was the stark reality. Nowadays though it seems a 'duvet day' is an excuse for 'shirking', a day off or a 'skive' without having to give a reason:

https://www.breathehr.com/en-gb/blog...is-a-duvet-day
Thanks for the linky, Baz. It explains everything.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

20-01-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I couldn't imagine anything worse than staying in bed all day, it takes all of my willpower not to get up before 5am...
I am with you on this one, Barry. Am always up at the crack of dawn - or even before. The only time I would stay in bed all day is if I were unwell - then I would sleep myself better.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:18 PM

Only when I was poorly (very rare) Tabby.
The mornings for me have always seemed the best part of the day, and even when it's raining I can't wait to be - Up an' At em' - Days off used to be a good opportunity to get out for a long run early. I do tend to lie in a bit longer in the dark mornings of winter, typically not getting up until 6:30 am.
Up and out at first light in the summer though....
I do like an early night, 10:00 - 10:30 pm these days.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:35 PM

I am in bed at the moment, in my pjs, I live in my bed, when I’m not cleaning,...I have no heating at the moment, but must say,I have always preferred the comfort of my bed....rather than a sofa.

Hot water bottle, duvet,Jack under duvet, “ Bliss”...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 12:43 PM

I’ve never had a ‘Duvet Day’, it sounds so boring to me and a waste of a day.

The only time I would stay in bed is if I was unwell.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top