Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 05:12 PM

Re: 'Duvet Days'

I've never had a duvet day. Just does not appeal to me at all. What a waste of a day off

I've had sick days off work through the years, but no way could I ever stay in bed even for that.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:13 PM

Nope, never had one and never will - kinda lonely having a duvet day without a brother in arms
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
ST, if I stayed in bed there would be a mass revolt .

The first thing I do is make my bed.

Watch the first minute or so:

Absolutely agree with you in this. Saw it in Goalcast a few years ago
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

20-01-2021, 08:22 PM

i cant lay in bed, once im awake i get up and get on with whatever the day throws at me.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:58 PM

I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned this but a duvet day is just another word for unscheduled annual leave on a day when you just don't feel like getting up for work when you wake up. So you phone up the office in the morning and instead of calling sick you say that you are having a duvet day (holiday). We used to joke about this at work years ago. It's a "noughties" decade concept. It's introduced into companies to help staff cope with minor stress without taking sick leave.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Nope, never had one and never will - kinda lonely having a duvet day without a brother in arms
Well I certainly would not want to be under a duvet with my brother!!

Now - if Martin Shaw were available things could be interesting!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:17 PM

Here is a linky

https://www.breathehr.com/en-gb/blog...is-a-duvet-day
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Here is a linky

https://www.breathehr.com/en-gb/blog...is-a-duvet-day
Well, you learn something new every day!

I had never heard the term "duvet" day, although the concept is similar to what people colloquially refer to as "mental health" days in regards to taking the day off of work without a reasonable excuse.

Days of staying in and never getting out of your nightwear are often called "pajama" days.

Now mind is back to this confusing business of what a duvet is and all that discussion about comforters, duvets, top sheets and bottom sheets....and of course, the pajama/pyjama issue .

All this upsetting mess has me in need of a duvet day.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I couldn't imagine anything worse than staying in bed all day, it takes all of my willpower not to get up before 5am...
I agree Barry.

Some unfortunate people have no option and it could happen to any of us.You have to make the most of your day while you can.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top