Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Re: Dandysmom (Eileen)

That's a very lovely poem Bob.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Ladies and gentlemen who didn't know Eileen that well might like to look at the http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...=2145&page=389
These are little tit bits that Eileen was willing to tell us about herself and how I feel I got to know a lovely lady.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Ladies and gentlemen who didn't know Eileen that well might like to look at the http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...=2145&page=389
These are little tit bits that Eileen was willing to tell us about herself and how I feel I got to know a lovely lady.
Thankyou for showing us that link love...very thoughtful.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
There comes a time in everyones life
When they manage to touch somepnes heart
I can say without any signs of doubt
That you touched mine right from the start

We have sent PM's to each other
Plus numerous emails we have shared
Right from the very begining Eileen
You showed that you really cared

I know that you will be missed very much by me
And you will be missed by others so they tell
Now my prayers are all for you
To find peace that lets you sleep very well.

God Bless.

Bob.
That is lovely AB, very sincere - Eileen had such an impact on fellow members.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:10 AM

Bob, that is a lovely tribute to Eileen...thank you for sharing the poem....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 12:12 AM

I also wrote a poem for Eileen last night, but it's not as good as Bob's.

That was truly wonderful.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bonny ->
Thankyou for showing us that link love...very thoughtful.
Thanks Bonny, Eileen played that game nearly every day for months and months. Other people dropped in now and again but Eileen was constant and would bump the thread if a question had not been answered it was a lot of fun and towards the end we were all scratching our heads trying to think up a good question that had not been asked before.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2012, 01:41 PM

You're right and I learnt such a lot about Eileen from that game. I think that's one of the reasons we felt so close to her, she was always honest, no airs and graces and told it like it was.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

27-01-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
You're right and I learnt such a lot about Eileen from that game. I think that's one of the reasons we felt so close to her, she was always honest, no airs and graces and told it like it was.
Absolutely spot on. Once she asked the question 'What was the last thing bought to wear'
I said a pair of trainers. Eileen asked to see them and I sent a link showing my new trainers. Then Eileen put up a picture of her new trainers. It was nothing really but two people talking about what they had just bought and showing each other. The internet is great and I am sure enriched Eileen's life no end. It does mine.
maryl
UK

27-01-2012, 03:13 PM

I know Cate, it was as if she live next door, wasn't it?

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top