Join for free
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:48 AM

Re: Whose Face Would You Like To Slap?

There are several, but Yasmin Alibai Brown would be at the top of my list
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The biggest help the planet could get is to remove the infestation that is the human species. Most species adapt to their environment whereas, humans adapt their environment to suit them. Humans have no natural predators so breed and spread like a cancer across the earth. `Mother Earth` occasionally tries to eradicate the human infestation by introducing infection and disease but those are combatted with new medications and so humans continue to breed unchecked adding further to environmental problems.
What a truly excellant summary of the current situation. No matter what anyone does to help, the main problem is the huge increase in two legged humans who are by now far and away the most dominant species on Earth and as Judd has said their attitude is make the environment suit them. The total world population could double in 20 years and quadruple in 50 years and every country will be trying to get the resources it needs to support such huge populations.

No one I've ever seen in the media has ever talked about this, they all seem to think that no matter how fast the two legged humans multiply it will be OK when there are NO OTHER four legged species on the planet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Those that bang on about saving the planet then go and sort through the food in the supermarket for the longest 'sell by' dates whether necessary or not. The amount of food thrown away because shoppers have ignored it is criminal.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Wake up to what? Climate change is real and is being severely worsened by human activity.
Setting aside the belief in creation what is taking place today is destroying the mechanism that addressed and resolved any cyclical climate change in the past.

But there ARE things that each and every one of us can and should be doing.

Every little helps that reduces our footprint on the biosphere no matter how apparently trivial.
The self ballance process is being destroyed. Release of assorted toxins, many of them exotic, over fishing of selected species, desertification, and so much more have created a unique situation that has never ocoured before based on the fossil record.
This is just panic mongering Todger, and nothing you or anyone else on the forum can do will make the slightest difference to the climate or the speed at which what will happen.
We all have a limited amount of time to spend on this planet and we should be enjoying our lives and the time with our loved ones, and not worrying about something we have absolutely no control over.

Do your best not to leave a mess behind you when you go and that's about it.
Just get on with your life and don't be brainwashed into thinking you are a bad person.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 05:24 PM

People who's faces I'd like to slap? Where to start because the problem is my list changes almost daily. Let's see who's made it today:

"Little Miss Butter Wouldn't Melt In My Mouth" Greta Thunberg because she's a PITA for blaming everyone but China, India and other developing countries for Climate change. (BTW, I'm still waiting to see unadulterated temperature charts proving this one way or another.)

"Big Ms Butter Wouldn't Melt In My Mouth" Gina Miller and all her friends in high places.

John Bercow.

Nicola "Knickerless Fishface" Sturgeon aka the Ginger Minger.

Dave, the bloke that ran our local cut-price book shop until he closed it on Christmas Eve.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
People who's faces I'd like to slap? Where to start because the problem is my list changes almost daily. Let's see who's made it today:

"Little Miss Butter Wouldn't Melt In My Mouth" Greta Thunberg because she's a PITA for blaming everyone but China, India and other developing countries for Climate change. (BTW, I'm still waiting to see unadulterated temperature charts proving this one way or another.)

"Big Ms Butter Wouldn't Melt In My Mouth" Gina Miller and all her friends in high places.

John Bercow.

Nicola "Knickerless Fishface" Sturgeon aka the Ginger Minger.

Dave, the bloke that ran our local cut-price book shop until he closed it on Christmas Eve.
I don't even know the geezer but I would like to give him a slap too.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 08:51 AM

One in particular ....for safety reasons...no name mentioned,LOL.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't even know the geezer but I would like to give him a slap too.

That bookshop is now yet another eyebrow and nail bar.

Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top