Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 10:20 PM

The Rich get Richer

As with many Catastrophes, during Wars, Famines, some people will get rich and others fall by the wayside.
The PPE manufacturesr have full order Books and Take Aways are very busy.
Amazon and other On-Line Shops are very busy too.

Sadly ,some forgotten people are not getting any financial help from the Government.

At last at alast the Government are acknowledging the hard work Carers do daily for the minimum wage.
This should be at least £10.00 per hour.
Carers abroad get much better treatment, better pay, and are treated with respect as well.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:16 AM

Re: The Rich get Richer

I agree. Has it ever been any other way?..anywhere.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:35 AM

There should be no such thing as a minimum wage.

The Free Market should NEVER be interfered with. Given a free market in pay and employment and very soon jobs would result in renumeration based on availability of workers and pay would affect how easier positions could be filled by workers. Adam Smith got it dead right. Free markets regulate themselves to the benefit of all.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

The Free Market should NEVER be interfered with. Given a free market in pay and employment and very soon jobs would result in renumeration based on availability of workers and pay would affect how easier positions could be filled by workers. Adam Smith got it dead right. Free markets regulate themselves to the benefit of all.
Seems you have forgotten much of the arguments put forward in The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Seems you have forgotten much of the arguments put forward in The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist
I totally dismissed it as idealistic mawkish crap.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 10:02 AM

I totally dismissed it as idealistic mawkish crap.
Each to their own
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:23 PM

Piffle and Balderdash.. to put it politely

A mixed economy is best especially for disabled people who can contribute much, but may be slower .

Laissex faire benefits Capitalists.

And 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist' is the Labour Party's Bible.
It teaches you how greedy Company bosses are, and to stand up for your self and worth.
Not to work for a Big Apple

'I do not suuport the Labour Party'

In USA it is an offence to refuse disabled people employment.
aAl business must take a percentage of disabled peoeple
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

26-06-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I agree. Has it ever been any other way?..anywhere.
No keezoy.
It seems to be the Way of the World
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 03:44 PM

As the old music hall song stated a century ago, It's the rich what gets the pleasure it's the poor that gets the blame.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 03:58 PM

A propos of nothing much, I read in last Sunday's MoS that the stock market value of Apple and Amazon combined is worth more than the total stock market value of the combined worth of all the listed companies on the London Stock Exchange.

Thanks, I'll get my coat.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top