Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 11:19 PM

Re: Italexit

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It takes you to not understand. It is europarliament that has to agree, not the commission.
Its the commission

Trust me, I know.

Your in for another shock like the one you got yesterday
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its the commission

Trust me, I know.

Your in for another shock like the one you got yesterday
Shock!
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen tweeted. "Today we've taken a historic step, we all can be proud of. But other important steps remain. First and most important: to gain the support of the European Parliament. Nobody should take our European Union for granted."
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Shock!
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen tweeted. "Today we've taken a historic step, we all can be proud of. But other important steps remain. First and most important: to gain the support of the European Parliament. Nobody should take our European Union for granted."

The commission make decisions regardless of what the eu parliament decide. A lot of them don't even bother to turn up to vote.

The beg step dear leader is talking about is that the EU is becoming a country in its own right, an expansion of Germany with no elected leaders. Yesterday saw the approval of debt mutualisation and collectivism.

What an achievement
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The commission make decisions regardless of what the eu parliament decide. A lot of them don't even bother to turn up to vote.

The beg step dear leader is talking about is that the EU is becoming a country in its own right, an expansion of Germany with no elected leaders. Yesterday saw the approval of debt mutualisation and collectivism.

What an achievement
So glad we are out....I feel sorry for those left especially with this latest pandemic financial bail out....they will all be stuck forever whether they like it or not.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:35 AM

Talking about Italy being next to leave, keep your eye on Ireland! Their slice of payment is 17Billion! but they will only get back 3Billion of it! I see very unhappy people.

All this is being done without one single European voter being allowed a say on it. If we were still in, as the 2nd largest contributor, our portion of the fund would have been an eye-watering 100Billion!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-07-2020, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
So glad we are out....I feel sorry for those left especially with this latest pandemic financial bail out....they will all be stuck forever whether they like it or not.
We dodged a bullet by leaving in January or we would be liable for a minimum £100 Billion on top of everything else to bail out member states. That's just the start, the EU yesterday achieved one of their most prized goals which is to enable mutualised debt that will then pave the way for the common tax policy - then the people's sovereignty will have about as much legitimacy as their country's.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-07-2020, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Talking about Italy being next to leave, keep your eye on Ireland! Their slice of payment is 17Billion! but they will only get back 3Billion of it! I see very unhappy people.

All this is being done without one single European voter being allowed a say on it. If we were still in, as the 2nd largest contributor, our portion of the fund would have been an eye-watering 100Billion!!
They were hoping for a big win on suing Apple for 13 billion and it failed miserably.

Dam shame
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Amusing names for future departures.

https://brilliantmaps.com/eu-exit/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-07-2020, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

^^^ that made me proper laugh out loud !
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

I think countries leaving next should have the right to invent their own titles for leaving. We chose breakit for UK leaving, but you chose brexit. Nobody argued about that....

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top