Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 02:35 PM

Priti Patel - All Mouth And No Trousers!

Rant coming out…………….

Get Your Finger Out Priti Patel!!

Grrr, I know I shouldn’t, but my blood starts to boil when I read how many illegals are making it across the channel in boats. And don’t give me all this ‘’they are not migrant workers, they are not illegal immigrants, they are of course every one of them, Refugees, and entitled to claim asylum. When we know the majority of them throw their passports away in order for us to NOT know who they really are and where they are from.

I am also getting quite sick of the same old, same old from Priti Patel, such as ‘’I have held a meeting with my French counterpart in Calais, and informed him that this is unacceptable’’. And the old chestnut, ‘’This is appalling! Totally unacceptable”

Yes Priti, it is unacceptable,and appalling” and so are your now regularly spouted pathetic excuses.

Here is one of the latest statements from her..

The Home Secretary has asked French authorities to intercept and return migrant boats found trying to cross the English Channel.
(of course Priti, they are going to sit u and take notice of you!)

OR

Priti Patel told the Commons Home Affairs Committee the British and French governments disagree on whether it would be lawful to intercept boats.
(who gives a flying fig what the French think? If we are a sovereign nation again, ruddy well find out what is what in law and use the damn thing!. The French are laughing their heads off at us paying them millions of pounds to stop them, yet they are just turning a complete blind eye.)

OR

More than 2,700 migrants have reached the UK this year.
(that is 2,700 too many, they should be returned to France and apply properly for entry)

OR

A further 250 boat people were stopped in the Channel as they were tried to get into the UK
(No they weren't!!! the moment they were picked up by our taxi service, they were already in!

OR

“French authorities are not intercepting boats at sea...even boats that have just left that are only 250 yards or so away, Ms Patel said.
(Again, we are now a sovereign nation. Bring in new laws that can fine France for every boat that they deliberately let out to sea in unworthy boats without intervention)

OR

“We want to make this unviable and in my view the only way to do this is by intercepting and returning the boats back to France”.
(so just flippin do it! also, while you’re at it, how about making life harder for illegals once they reach these shores by putting them at the bottom of the queue instead of the top. No benefits, no housing, make it so uncomfortable they won’t want to come unless invited!)

OR FINALLY…

Ms Patel said she had ‘’difficult discussions’’ with her French counterpart on the subject”
(It’s a wonder he didn’t fall off his chair laughing once you had left the room.
How about instead of ‘discussing’, try being tough and banging your fist on the table and demand they get their act in order or not another penny!’’. Seems you’re all mouth and no trousers’’.

Rant over!

I’m sorry but it’s nigh on time the Navy were called in to take them back to France. Do not depend on the French as they are totally disinterested in helping us solve the problem.
France has never been a friend of the UK, to suggest otherwise is foolish.

All the excuses in the world about going after the people smugglers just isn’t going to wash anymore with the British public. And neither will trying to block the media and the public from viewing what is goes on. Using our Navy and coast guard cutters as a taxi service for illegals who once they reach British waters, sometimes with the assistance of the French, then use their expensive mobiles to phone for help. Nigel Farage has you well and truly sussed!

Time for action! When caught, reel them all in on to naval/coast guard vessels, (if they refuse, throw nets over them, and immediately return them to Calais. No ifs or buts, they will soon get the message.
If the French try their usual pathetic bullying and show force with their own naval vessels, face them down! also ignore those who have got wise with their threats to throw themselves into the water, if they wish to take their own lives after coming from a completely ‘safe’ country as France , so be it. I’m pretty sure if people who pay thousands of pounds and jump through hoops in order to enter the UK legitimately, threatened to take their own life if refused, they would get short shrift, Tell the Liberal Lefty Tree Huggers who object, to go take a flying leap too.

I know that lot won’t be able to wait in calling me Racist because of my views. Personally, I couldn’t care less what they think because I know I am not. I just don’t like having the Michael extracted by France, people smugglers and worker migrants wanting a quick way into the UK.. And especially when our own supposedly tough new Home Secretary who vowed to sort this out, is acting like a lamb rather than a lion!

Every boat containing these single young men (notice how the people smugglers deliberately put pregnant/young mothers with children in with the majority of men in each boat) could well be ISIS members/sympathisers? Or have Covid? And why is the Government so keen not to let us know how many are returned? Genuine Refugees should apply in France. The rest can go wherever they want, Europe is a large place.
We don’t want or need them as a further burden on our already in troubled economy.

Priti had better get used to my view because more and more people are gritting their teeth at her inaction.

Your views please.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 02:42 PM

Re: Priti Patel - All Mouth And No Trousers!

This is why I miss Sajid Javed, he would have the whole navy, airforce, amphibious tanks etc out in the channel by now, with nitrogen steaming off nuclear missiles as they lay in their launch pads waiting for the big red button to be pressed.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Rant coming out…………….

Your views please.
THERE IS NO "FIRST COUNTRY RULE". Under the 1951 Geneva Convention asylum seekers can apply in any country they can get to. There is however an EU agreement that within the EU people should apply for asylum in the first EU country they arrive in. Britain has left the EU. (some would say brexit means brexit) You can no longer benefit from that agreement. Therefore yes, anyone who can get to Britain by any means whatsoever is entitled under international law to apply for asylum and you have no rights whatsoever to "return" them to anywhere pending consideration of their application (and any appeals). And as you are a law abiding person, your rant is over.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 02:44 PM

Patel is Priti "Useless" .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 02:48 PM

Good one Omah

How about spraying the incoming boats with tear gas or pepper spray before they reach the midpoint of the channel, then leaving them to their own devices?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
THERE IS NO "FIRST COUNTRY RULE". Under the 1951 Geneva Convention asylum seekers can apply in any country they can get to. There is however an EU agreement that within the EU people should apply for asylum in the first EU country they arrive in. Britain has left the EU. (some would say brexit means brexit) You can no longer benefit from that agreement. Therefore yes, anyone who can get to Britain by any means whatsoever is entitled under international law to apply for asylum and you have no rights whatsoever to "return" them to anywhere pending consideration of their application (and any appeals). And as you are a law abiding person, your rant is over.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn't there something in the EU rulebook, (perhaps part of Dublin agreement) that stipulated that when immigrants from outside the EU entered the first EU state, they had to register with that same country? If this is so, why haven't they? I appreciate you have free movement, but I didn't think it was for any non-EU member as well. If it isn't the case, then surely by you allowing anyone to enter through your open borders is leaving Europe (and us) wide open to terrorists.
Which is it?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 03:05 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn't there something in the EU rulebook, (perhaps part of Dublin agreement) that stipulated that when immigrants from outside the EU entered the first EU state, they had to register with that same country? If this is so, why haven't they? I appreciate you have free movement, but I didn't think it was for any non-EU member as well. If it isn't the case, then surely by you allowing anyone to enter through your open borders is leaving Europe (and us) wide open to terrorists.
Which is it?

Its EU law. Schengen and other stupid ideas are to blame for that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-08-2020, 03:06 PM

While we are bound to the WA there is little we can do.

January 1st is another matter
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 03:06 PM

Which is it?
He's changed his mind again Shropshiregirl. Not so long ago he was saying we were still in the EU and had to abide by its rules and regs. On a positive note, I think you are right regarding the EU rulebook regarding immigrants &/or refugees.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-08-2020, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
He's changed his mind again Shropshiregirl. Not so long ago he was saying we were still in the EU and had to abide by its rules and regs. On a positive note, I think you are right regarding the EU rulebook regarding immigrants &/or refugees.
He should speak to Spain about rules and regs and how the EU blatantly ignore Spanish navy vessels deliberately trespassing into British Gibraltar territorial waters in direct breach of the Treaty of Utrecht. They've done it 90 times at least so far this year, they sit there and then run away when the UK navy vessels steam out to intercept them.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top