Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:22 PM

Re: More Support to Ban Supertrawlers

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your fishing industry needs to be ended quickly. You can't behave responsibly in conservation and sustainability. The Dutch fleet can simply, never ever be trusted in any other countries territory again, as they have proved.

1st January, start towing your ships into dry dock where they can be cut up and sold out for scrap.

A view from someone with expert knowledge, unlike you:

However, the supertrawlers were likely to be after different catch, said Dale Rodmell, the assistant chief executive of the National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisations.

“Greenpeace regard supertrawlers as an easy target, but their arguments about fishing in MPAs are a red herring,” he said. “The majority of MPAs exist to protect seabed habitats and these trawlers fish mid-water and so do not affect the seabed. Most of our fish stocks range well beyond the boundaries of MPAs so controls on how much fish can be caught are far more relevant to the sustainability of stocks than limiting access to catches within MPAs.”
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
A view from someone with expert knowledge, unlike you:

However, the supertrawlers were likely to be after different catch, said Dale Rodmell, the assistant chief executive of the National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisations.

“Greenpeace regard supertrawlers as an easy target, but their arguments about fishing in MPAs are a red herring,” he said. “The majority of MPAs exist to protect seabed habitats and these trawlers fish mid-water and so do not affect the seabed. Most of our fish stocks range well beyond the boundaries of MPAs so controls on how much fish can be caught are far more relevant to the sustainability of stocks than limiting access to catches within MPAs.”
Greenpeace do not set the UK Fishing Policy, its the UK Government by the way.

Your pulse beam trawlers have been destroying natural habitats and breeding grounds in marine protection zones for decades. Don't lecture me Solasch, your not up to the job.

Your other pelagic trawlers have also been plundering conservation zones with their freezer trawlers. I've already written about this about 5 or 6 times, I suggest you read my posts properly before making up stupid stories.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:41 PM

Greenpeace do not set the UK Fishing Policy, its the UK Government by the way.

Your pulse beam trawlers have been destroying natural habitats and breeding grounds in marine protection zones for decades. Don't lecture me Solasch, your not up to the job.

Your other pelagic trawlers have also been plundering conservation zones with their freezer trawlers. I've already written about this about 5 or 6 times, I suggest you read my posts properly before making up stupid stories.
For decades you say? Well, here is a little lecture:
The UK Government designated the MCZ network through a phased approach and designated the first 27 sites at the end of 2013.*

A further 23 sites were designated at the start of 2016, bringing us up to 50 MCZs in English and Secretary of State waters.*
https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/marin...-areas/england
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
For decades you say? Well, here is a little lecture:
The UK Government designated the MCZ network through a phased approach and designated the first 27 sites at the end of 2013.*

A further 23 sites were designated at the start of 2016, bringing us up to 50 MCZs in English and Secretary of State waters.*
https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/marin...-areas/england
Conservation areas were set up before then though - your just looking at the MCZ parts.

Anymore of your posts you want to me to clarify for you ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-08-2020, 02:50 PM

Conservation areas were set up before then though - your just looking at the MCZ parts.

Anymore of your posts you want to me to clarify for you ?
It's you who limited your argument to marine protection zones. Stick to the topic, as donkeyman said

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top