Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:42 PM

Re: No Reuters, trade will not “collapse overnight” without an EU UK agreement

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Didn't you understand the article by mcbride you put up here? Or didn't you even read it, like IDS didn't read the WA?
Trade will go on she says, it will just be more expensive for you.

Yes I did read it.

I suggest you read it too...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yes I did read it.

I suggest you read it too...
I did. I quoted her conclusion for you. Didn't notice?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:53 PM

I did. I quoted her conclusion for you. Didn't notice?

Trade is already too expensive with the EU. Your products are over priced and over regulated, unnecessarily

Prices cone down due to competition.

If you had a job or knew what you were talking about you would know.

I suggest you read it again.. and again until you do understand it.

Your biggest market is the USA who have no trade deal with the EU. Your silly arguments don't stack up.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 05:05 PM

Trade is already too expensive with the EU. Your products are over priced and over regulated, unnecessarily
You may be right in that. After 1 january 2021 goods coming to the EU from the UK are met with tariffs, making them too expensive. Luckily goods from the EU entering the UK can pass without tariffs as you have been sitting on your hands. The system needed to process goods entering the UK is still in its developmental stages.

Don't worry, if the need arises you can ask the french. They have a system up and running for some time.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-08-2020, 05:09 PM

You may be right in that. After 1 january 2021 goods coming to the EU from the UK are met with tariffs, making them too expensive. Luckily goods from the EU entering the UK can pass without tariffs as you have been sitting on your hands. The system needed to process goods entering the UK is still in its developmental stages.

Don't worry, if the need arises you can ask the french. They have a system up and running for some time.
You need to stop making things up

Here is that last paragraph from Catherine Mcbrides article

One thing is clear, EU-UK trade will not*‘collapse overnight’*without a trade agreement, it would just become ever so slightly more expensive although maybe not for UK consumers.

See - you need to learn to read and stop misquoting people that know what they are talking about.

Now go and read it again properly
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 05:19 PM

Hi

A few points,

The EU System is already up and running and has been for some years.

They collect tariffs and check document for a large part of or international trade which is transshipped through Antwerp, Rotterdam etc.

Our system is not yet ready, hence the delay intil July.

The big thing will be how ready UK exporteters to the EU for !st January.

They will have a lit more forms to fill in , in particular for fish, meat and dairy products.

Only they know how prepared they are.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-08-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A few points,

The EU System is already up and running and has been for some years.

They collect tariffs and check document for a large part of or international trade which is transshipped through Antwerp, Rotterdam etc.

Our system is not yet ready, hence the delay intil July.

The big thing will be how ready UK exporteters to the EU for !st January.

They will have a lit more forms to fill in , in particular for fish, meat and dairy products.

Only they know how prepared they are.

We deal with tarrifs, imports and exports with the rest of the world as well as the EU

Paperwork is done on line ... where have you been ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-08-2020, 05:40 PM

We deal with tarrifs, imports and exports with the rest of the world as well as the EU

Paperwork is done on line ... where have you been ?
Your system is not on line, it is not even build! So where do you send those forms bread?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-08-2020, 05:48 PM

You need to stop making things up
Unlike you, I believe in factual truth.
Here is that last paragraph from Catherine Mcbrides article

One thing is clear, EU-UK trade will not*‘collapse overnight’*without a trade agreement, it would just become ever so slightly more expensive although maybe not for UK consumers.

See - you need to learn to read and stop misquoting people that know what they are talking about. Perhaps you could follow your own advice?

Now go and read it again properly
"Ever so slightly more expensive" seems a very stretchable term. A bit more specific would go a long way
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-08-2020, 05:48 PM

Your system is not on line, it is not even build! So where do you send those forms bread?

So how do we operate now with trade ? With a pen and paper like your mate Swimmy says ?

I asked you that question about forms a few months ago and you couldn't answer it - thanks for reminding me.

- 400 million forms to fill in you said

Where do they go then let's try again

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top