Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 01:40 AM

Re: Equity

Thank you for reply Mister Grumble. I don't much care for the sound of either of those.

1. I don't want money when I die as it's no use then.

2. I've just finished paying one mortgage, so I don't want another.

The reason I asked is because I'm finding it harder and harder to keep the house structure maintained, as I mentioned in my Guttering thread. I don't want the house to fall apart as I'm leaving it to my brother when I go, but I can't afford to keep it in good shape.

Anyway, thanks again for the explanations.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 02:45 PM

Re: Equity

Mollie, I know all about keeping an old house in good repair. The earliest part of my house is the best part of 200 years old, and the 'modern part' was built in 1896. Fortunately, I can do a lot of the work myself and recently when I needed to replace a skylight, my neighbour who is a builder, put up scaffolding and lent me the right tools.

Mind you, if I do any work, he generally appears later to tell me what I've done wrong!!

If you need repairs done to your house, are there any renovation grants available? I know there are a lot of strings attached and they generally only cover bringing the property to an acceptable standard. However, it may be worth enquiring.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top