Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:04 PM

How much did you spend on gas and Electricity?

£1,355.90 is the average amount spent by pensioners on Gas and Electricity LAST YEAR.

Who knows what it will be this year as it rained a lot more and has been colder.

What a rip-off and they want to take away the £200 winter fuel "allowance". This has alreday been eaten up in higher charges by government for green energy subsidies and extra VAT on the higher charges,
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:20 PM

Re: How much did you spend on gas and Electricity?

I saw an article in yesterday's paper about which energy companies are best thought of by their customers, as a result I'm changing from Npower to Good Energy, the top rated firm.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:37 PM

I don't have gas but my total electricity bill for the last 12 months was $998 (about £500). It has gone up a lot over the last few years but obviously not as much as yours, I don't have air con which is probably a bit of a savings too and get a $69 a quarter pensioner rebate.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 03:52 PM

I pay £94 a month for gas and electric and am usually in credit. We'll see what this winter's bill is though as it is bound to be high.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 03:59 PM

My gas/electric bil(Southern Electric) is £100 each month.I always get a rebate of over £100 each year.

NB I always give them an actual reading, not a guestimate
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:02 PM

I've just had a leaflet from Gtr Manchester council asking me to sign up to the coucil's energy auction. On 28th Jan UK energy providers will be offered the chance to supply people across Gtr Manchester who've signed up. I'll have to have a look at it, but I've just signed up with my energy provider for capped prices for 2 yrs. They had to refund me £293 for elec and £103 for gas, and dropped my monthly DD to £85.00 monthly but obviously not had a bill since.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:07 PM

Last year our bill for 12 month's gas and electricity was £1,400 which is £100 up from the year before. That is probably more down to the rates going up than the usage though.

Mind you the fact I have an old combination boiler which likes to use a lot of gas means I'm probably lucky just paying what I do.

My daughter and son-in-law paid (not that I was so rude as to ask them... ) £1,000 for their gas and electricity last year and they have a three bedroom semi. We're in a two bedroom bungalow for goodness' sake.

Just shows what you can save with a new boiler (they had theirs replaced in 2011) but there you go.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:29 PM

Well I don't get the £200 winter fuel given to me, as i'm not of that age yet. I don't have Gas or Electric I am on Oil and we fill it up twice a year which comes to about £700.00 per year.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 06:34 PM

I am £48 for Electricity and £41 for Gas. I get both from Scottish Gas. I got both capped last year for a couple of years!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 12:18 AM

No gas here but I top my electric key with £20 about every 25 days. I also buy logs in £25 loads which last about 3 weeks & about a tenner a week on coal to eek the logs out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top