Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:13 AM

Re: How much did you spend on gas and Electricity?

NPower have recently lifted my DDs from £83/mth to £114/mth which I think is far too much, that's partly why I'm changing my supplier.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
NPower have recently lifted my DDs from £83/mth to £114/mth which I think is far too much, that's partly why I'm changing my supplier.
Alan, if you think it is to much then phone them and tell them how much you are willing to pay.
British gas did that to me once and I phoned them, they did not want to change back to the smaller amount until I said I would change my supplier.
We pay about £125 a month and we have all the hot water and heat that we need, plus electric of course. At the end of the year we get the surplus returned to our account.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 09:32 AM

We changed our supplier last autumn from Eon to Scottish Power, who reckoned they could save us £100 per year on Eon's charges, and the monthly diect debit was set at £108. After the first quarter's bill was sent, bearing in mind it was one of the dearest of the year (autumn into winter), they immediately notified us they were upping the direct debit to £156 as we were in arrears..

I rang and refused to agree to the higher amount, arguing with the ten year old at Scottish Power that if their estimated figures were correct then the original DD should pay their charges over the agreed twelve months. She couldn't seem to understand that of course we would be in arrears over winter, particularly as our agreement had started in the winter. Had it started in the spring then we would have been in credit....isn't that the whole idea of spreading the cost over twelve months....have they stopped teaching basic mathematics in school....grrrr
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 11:33 AM

For a 4 bedroom detatched house which is fairly well insulated, we pay £91.00 per month for elec. and gas. British Gas is our supplier and we pay by DD. We don't like to be too hot, but at this time of year we have the central heating on for background heat all day (no fires). It goes off at night, usually at about 9.00pm and comes on at 7.00am.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 11:34 AM

Because the State government keeps changing their mind about water systems I am looking after my off peak hot water tank. Changed the sacrificial anode today

The old one had just about had it.

Off peak at 7c a kilowatt/hr is still the cheapest power you can get but the tanks are getting harder to buy. Mind you 315 litres is a bit big for me living alone but I never run out of hot water.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 11:38 AM

I pay £23 a month for gas, £23 a month for electricity and about £130 a year for water.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 01:02 PM

No gas here, so we use oil. In spite of having a modern high efficiency boiler, it costs a fortune - though I can't actually say how much (probably £800 a year). I just groan when the bill comes in.

Electricity is about £550 a year.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 10:49 AM

Interesting to read about U k energy costs, Here our Electricity, there is no gas here, is governed by the amount of rain we have, so dont know whether that is good or bad, in 2012 we had the cheapest electricity for 5 years. It does tend to go up in the winter , more used and the fact that the rivers are not producing as much and all the mountain rivers and streams are solid ice. At the moment our cost for Electricity is around £120 per month

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top