Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 05:45 AM

Midlife crisis!

A friend on mine is having a midlife crisis, have or did you ever have a midlife crisis?
I am afraid my friend will finish up in the divorce courts, if they don't sort it soon, and they have been happy for 20 years.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 06:08 AM

Re: Midlife crisis!

Every 50+ year old on a Harley Davidson is guaranteed to be in the midst of a mid life crisis
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 07:41 AM

Yeh, I ain't the same since I turned fifty, mind you I was never the same before that age, guess I have "All Life Crisis".
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Every 50+ year old on a Harley Davidson is guaranteed to be in the midst of a mid life crisis
If I could afford it, I'd have a Harley now!!!! - actually, I'd have one of these £50,000 Norwegian babies:

At 65, is that an "end life" crisis?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
A friend on mine is having a midlife crisis, have or did you ever have a midlife crisis?
I am afraid my friend will finish up in the divorce courts, if they don't sort it soon, and they have been happy for 20 years.
It happens to a lot of people Wrinkly and I don't know what causes it so I'm not going to be able to help. I'm sure you've already chatted with your friend and tried to advise him/her and that, I'm afraid, is the only thing you can do.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 08:31 AM

I've never had the urge to drive or own a motorbike - most uncomfortable form of transport. If I'm going to travel, I prefer to do it sitting comfortably in the dry and not having to encumber myself with loads of leatherwear and a helmet.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
It happens to a lot of people Wrinkly and I don't know what causes it so I'm not going to be able to help. I'm sure you've already chatted with your friend and tried to advise him/her and that, I'm afraid, is the only thing you can do.
No Karen, I think it best to keep out of it, and let them sort it for themselves, I am sure they will.
But it does seem to be some problem, that a lot of couples have.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
No Karen, I think it best to keep out of it, and let them sort it for themselves, I am sure they will.
But it does seem to be some problem, that a lot of couples have.
I don't blame you for keeping out of it (not sure I'd be able to mind my own business ). I think many couples just outgrow one another - who you are in youth isn't who you end up as for a lot of people and sometimes, the person you married can suddenly feel like a stranger with whom you have little in common.

Or, it could be just down to brain chemistry - as you say, it happens a lot.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 09:19 AM

I am not sure if it counts as a midlife crisis but both of us hit 50 and decided we needed to do something different, both dieting and losing weight and are both looking at life a little differently. Luckily we are both doing it at the same time and are looking at what we can achieve together. Not sure what would have happened if only one of us had hit that point and the other stayed the same !
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 09:26 AM

Good for you Julie 1962 at least you are both doing this together and spurring each other on.

My husband hits 50 in January next year, he is 7 years younger than myself. Oh dear do I start working on him now.

Don't remember having any wobbles when I reached 50 I think I just accepted it and thought wow I am still here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top