Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 10:57 AM

Re: Divine intervention - true or false?

Exactly all we have are hope and in some cases Faith. No one knows for sure.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Exactly all we have are hope and in some cases Faith. No one knows for sure.

Julie, I have neither faith or hope and want neither.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Nice take. God got that covered nicely. You gotta take your hat off to him ? Him? Is he referred to as being a 'him'? Shows how much I know.

Got me thinking. So what God decided to do was to give us all loaded guns and then said - "watch you don't shoot yourself or others with them". Bit irresponsible ain't it ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Well better to do that than we act like puppets he gave us a few rules to live by and that is enough for most people.

As for UJ's no hope well that sounds a little sad to me, we all need hope just to keep moving forward surely ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well better to do that than we act like puppets he gave us a few rules to live by and that is enough for most people.

As for UJ's no hope well that sounds a little sad to me, we all need hope just to keep moving forward surely ?
Well if he did he slipped up a fair bit. He should have also given us some overseers to make sure we kept to said rules. Tis like watching a load of kids gone mad in the playground. Where are the prefects ?
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

10-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well if he did he slipped up a fair bit. He should have also given us some overseers to make sure we kept to said rules. Tis like watching a load of kids gone mad in the playground. Where are the prefects ?
He/She did give us overseers they are called wise men/women or prophets they are around in every age - most of us ignore them
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2013, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
He/She did give us overseers they are called wise men/women or prophets they are around in every age - most of us ignore them
No kidding lol .
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

10-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
No kidding lol .
I could kid you anytime!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 06:08 PM

just had another thought "freewill" is a pretty powerful tool to hand out and in the wrong hands can be disasterous - can anyone think of any examples?

I have an excellent example.

When I was 5 my dad asked me what I wanted for my upcoming birthday. I thought for a bit & had a brainwave.
"I'd like to have a magic wand" dad I said

He thought for a bit, then said

"Robert you are not old enough to have a magic wand"

60 years later & having observed the chaos in the world in these last days I conclude he was quite right. I think now that NO ONE is old enough to wield a magic wand, NO ONE at all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 06:11 PM

To paraphrase God " I have given all of you free will to do whatever - it may be good or 'bad' but I will not interfer - you have to learn"
That is an excellent 'get out clause' for those who hoped to subjugate the masses without question

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since there is no such thing as 'divine intervention' - the question is entirely superfluous.
Absolutely agree UJ if there was such a being as god I think he must be an unpleasant malevolent being and I would want nothing to do with him .

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top