Join for free
Page 43 of 276 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 08:51 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's already delayed; I should have had it today.
Yes, I remember. I hope it is tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:32 AM

I'm about ready to discharge myself. Didn't sleep last night as I was moved to a 4 bay ward which was busy all night.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:36 AM

I'm about ready to discharge myself. Didn't sleep last night as I was moved to a 4 bay ward which was busy all night.
You need to stay and have your scan.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 02:50 PM

I know you must be frustrated and exhausted, but that MRI will hopefully provide some answers.

Reading books is such a good way to pass the time and might even make you sleepy enough to get some reast.

Good luck today.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 02:54 PM

Well, I saw the consultant who said I didn't need a scan - I'm getting another one in May towards the end of my chemo.

He prescribed me amytryptiline for the neck pain and is pretty sure there is no new growth, rather he suggested that it was all part of feeling rough after chemo.

But what a couple of days - the first night was fine when I had my own room. Last night I had to put up with a TV blaring away, and the chap opposite me kept checking and rechecking his belongings - it was impossible to get any sleep. I don't think I could have taken any more nights on that ward.

So, I'm happily at home.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:24 PM

Well, I saw the consultant who said I didn't need a scan - I'm getting another one in May towards the end of my chemo.

He prescribed me amytryptiline for the neck pain and is pretty sure there is no new growth, rather he suggested that it was all part of feeling rough after chemo.

But what a couple of days - the first night was fine when I had my own room. Last night I had to put up with a TV blaring away, and the chap opposite me kept checking and rechecking his belongings - it was impossible to get any sleep. I don't think I could have taken any more nights on that ward.

So, I'm happily at home.

Be careful with that Amatryptiline matey - nasty stuff!!! - One of the side effects is dizziness and vomiting, another one is bad nightmares. Doctors prescribed these to me some years ago - having taken three tablets, I handed the rest back and told 'em where they could stuff 'em!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-03-2018, 05:06 PM

It's prescribed off-label for neuritis - I'm not on a very big dose anyway.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:59 PM

Dreamy sorry I have had a busy day.
I see you are back home now.
I hope you have a good nights sleep.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-03-2018, 07:15 PM

I got a phone call asking me to come in for an MRI next Monday afternoon; I am now thoroughly sick of the sight of the hospital, the buildings, corridors etc.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-03-2018, 08:49 PM

I got a phone call asking me to come in for an MRI next Monday afternoon; I am now thoroughly sick of the sight of the hospital, the buildings, corridors etc.
Yes, I can understand that Dreamy.
Will the MRI help?
Whatever you decide, I will support you.

Page 43 of 276 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top